They'd marry after us though, in a courthouse most probably. I was happy for my papa and the way his life turned around for the better.

I called my mother last week. I informed her about my wedding and invited her. She congratulated me but said she was in Italy and wouldn't attend. I was a bit sad at first but I got over it. I realized that she wouldn't show up for me, no matter the magnitude of occasion. And I came to terms with it. I wished her well for her travels and let it all go.

Today was a big day for Aly. She asked me to come to her house to help her get ready. With the huge belly, it was difficult to get things done. The chauffeur Axle hired was available for me, and I got dressed in a black Thierry Mugler button up shirt with a flowy skirt. It was very unlike me, and resembled something my Nonna would wear.

As I made my way to Alys house, I twisted my ring on my finger. The one I'd gotten for myself. I smiled at the thought that this would soon be replaced for a wedding band of my own. Though it was a lousy engagement ring, and he never got on one knee, and also this appeared to be a business arrangement, it all felt real. It felt exactly the way it should feel.

I knocked on the door of Aly and Brendan's apartment, and she answered the door slowly, waddling everywhere. I smiled at the sight of her in her huge robe I'd gotten her for her baby shower.

"Kat, oh my God you look like a grandma. Come in. Please." she said, and caught her breath.

"is it bad? Really grandma-ish?" I asked, and frowned.

"so grandma-ish. But I like it. Come, help me get dressed. I'm practically an invalid." she said, and I smiled. She was now five months along in her pregnancy, and she was getting bigger by the minute. If I didn't know any better, I'd think it was twins.

I helped her slip into a loose fitting white dress, sleeveless with small pink and white flowers everywhere. I helped her fasten her necklace and applied make up on her, whilst not leaving a single second of silence in between.

"we want to move into a house soon, before the baby comes."

"that's such good news! Have you found anywhere?"

"we did but it's a little out of our price range, I mean we can afford it but we need a little extra for the first few months." she said, and shrugged.

"Aly, you know Axe will help you out." I said, and tilted my head.

"I know, but I feel bad to ask. I mean, he doesn't exactly like Brendan. And it's weird to just ask him for money."

"uh, I disagree. With the last part. It's not a big deal Aly, he's your brother. He loves you, he'll do it for you, no one else." I said, and she smiled.

"you'll talk to him for me?"

"of course."

I helped her finish up her makeup, and it was time to get into the car and make our way to the courthouse.

"aren't you excited to marry the love of your life?" I asked, hoping for the perfect answer, so I knew exactly what to feel on my own wedding day.

"it all actually feels weird. Like it's not really happening, you know? But yes, I'm so excited. I can't wait. Even though these last few months with him have been incredible, I think once we're married it'll get even better."

Once we reached, I saw him. Waiting outside with his phone to his ear.

He saw me, and his face instantly softened. It was visible, in the way his lips parted and his eyes slowly fell on mine, almost enjoying the journey from feeling his anger dissipate. Whoever was on the phone, didn't get the end of the yelling because I showed up.