Fifty-three

After a night filled with tears and a broken heart, the sun came out in the morning

After a night filled with tears and a broken heart, the sun came out in the morning. Literally. It was sort of cloudy, unusual in New York January. It was only warm for a few minutes, and then the freezing cold day had set in.

I was like a heartbroken teenage girl, lying in bed with tissues. It wasn't like me to be stuck in one position like this. But it was so much more than what it appeared to be on the surface. Is this really who he is? Is this the way he'll act whenever things go south or someone says something he doesn't like?

All I want is my Axle back. The Axle who would soften his voice when I walked in the room, not the Axle who yells at me.

Valerie was with me the entire night, and she listened to every word I had to say. Accompanied with the wine, it felt good to be around her. To have that support that a mother would provide to her own daughter.

The hard part was going to explain to my papa why I came home in the middle of the night, in a thick robe and my light pink uggs.

Val told me to just make up something, but I knew that what happened was Lo's fault, and it was now my duty to find out what that dumbass said to the other dumbass and catch the missile before it lands at the wedding.

I dried my eyes for the 7th time in the last 4 hours and made my way downstairs.

Papa was sitting at the kitchen counter, coffee in one hand and the paper in the other. Val was at the stove and turned around when she saw me.

"don't worry about a thing Kat, I told him" she whispered, as I walked past her to get to him.

"bella it's so wonderful to have you home." he said, and held out his arms to me.

"yeah I'm sorry for just dropping in like this."

"oh of course, I understand you felt unsafe because Axle had to stay with a friend yes?" he said.

I was confused, I guess that was the story Val went with.

"yes he came home and told me he was going to stay with a friend and I agreed and came here. That's the whole story." I said, and rocked my heels.

"well, would you stay tonight?" he asked

"most probably, but I'm not sure. Do you have plans?"

Val turned to me.

"Kat, did you forget? It's Alys bachelorette tonight." Val said.

I shut my eyes.

"shit." I said, and face-palmed. Merda.

"I forgot. Totally spaced. I'll go sort it out." I said, and ran upstairs.

I grabbed my phone and dialed Jaxon.

"Yo." he answered, loudly.

"I need a favor, can you book out Oak tonight for Alys bachelorette?"  I asked hastily.