Twenty-two.

'please, please don't kill him'

Her voice kept ringing in my fucking head. She's clouding my judgment and I don't like it. I should kill this fucker. He's about to ruin everything Hayes and I have built.

I made my way to the boardroom, with Katerina on my mind. Also my dumb fuck of a sister. Brendan was seated in the middle, with a bruise on his face.

I looked at Lo and saw his hand tucked away in his pocket. She asked me to take care of him, so I will.

Hayes helped himself to a glass of scotch and Jax has his hand on his head as if deep in thought.

I didn't care much for Hayes' brothers. Marco and Lucas seemed to be fucking stupid if you ask me. But they were here as well, sitting and looking out the window.

"Brendan, tell me honestly, what the fuck are you doing here?" I asked, and sat in front of him.

"I love her, Axle, you know I love her." he said, and I could feel a very ugly side of myself coming to light. Brendan always annoyed me, he worked for me at my warehouse here, he's a good employee but him having the hots for my sister didn't sit right with me, because she was 19.

And so with the thought of finding them kissing in my backyard, I struck him. Hard. Across the left side of his face. I felt the rush of blood moving up my knuckles. I punch people all the time, but this one hurt.

"you want her for the money, don't you?" I asked, and began to breathe heavily.

"no. I love her. I won't let her marry him" he said, and motioned his head to Lo.

"and what makes you think I'll let you marry her, huh? You came here to fucking ruin everything." I said, and hit him again.

"fuck you Axle, fuck you. She's your sister, not a business deal" he spat out.

"she was happy before you fucking got here, you had no business coming to see her again, I told you not to come back to New York, or I'd have you killed." I said, yelling now. My blood is on fire, my head is airy and I have nothing but adrenaline coursing through me now.

"was she really happy with him? Or were you just telling yourself that to make it easier?" he said, and Hayes stepped forward.

"listen son, you better watch your mouth. Tell us, did you have her?" Hayes asked, cutting right to the chase. If Alyssa was unfaithful, our entire deal is fucked. It's not about the stupid notion that she's impure or any of that nonsense, it was about fidelity. That's how it is with Italians, your loyalties lie with your partner, whether you're engaged or married, or if a stack of papers sum up your entire relationship.

He remained silent. Hayes stepped out of the way and I rolled up my sleeve that now had his blood on it.

"answer the fucking question." I said, and hit him again. This time his blood splattered on my chest.