Eighteen.

My eyes traveled down her body as she walked down the stairs

My eyes traveled down her body as she walked down the stairs. I shot a look to Carter, just to make sure he could see how fucking beautiful she really was and he should appreciate that.

My sense of morality and judgement is a string that's getting closer and closer to snapping with each fucking sundress she wears.

Carter should also appreciate the fact that I never shot him for taking her out, and for looking at her. I could tell Hayes liked him for her. He was safe. I didn't want to come across as a possessive jackass but there was no other way to be when it comes to Katerina.

I spent the night working with Hayes and Lo and drinking too much. She never left my mind, once.

Angelo called me after serving them dinner. He told me that Carter had behaved himself and he said Katerina looked like she was having a good time. I owned Le Bernadin, so I was glad Carter picked that place.

After working the entire night away, I decided it was time to go home. I saw it was 10pm and I had a whole fucking day of meetings tomorrow.

Part of me wanted to stay and see her, barge into her room like I always do. So I decided to listen to that part of myself and wait for her.

After about 15 minutes, she came home. She looked tired, and sort of displeased.

She greeted everyone, took water from the kitchen and walked upstairs.

Conveniently, Hayes got a phone call and Lo drifted away outside. Matteo was smoking so I decided to take my chances and go upstairs.

I regretted it. I shouldn't have gone. I shouldn't have been in her room tonight.

If I hadn't gone, I would've never known she was attracted to me. If I hadn't gone, I would've never admitted I was attracted to her. If I hadn't gone, I wouldn't have tangled my hand in her hair again. And if I hadn't gone, I would've never agreed to letting her go.

But I went. And it was over.

It felt as if her arms were branded around my neck. I fucking hate being touched, but her touch felt like something I've needed my whole life. I felt a burning sensation in my fucking chest. The glisten in her eye, and the quivering of her top lip. She wanted to cry. She poured her heart out to me.

It's true. I did wish it was us. But it was too late.

I held it all back. Every thing I felt. Every violent emotion in my body. Begging to get out. I held it in.

I picked up my keys and left the house, leaving my entire fucking heart at her doorstep.

The drive home was a painful one. I drove in silence. But I could still hear her voice. Every single word she said played over and over in my head. It was starting to hurt, as much as it was starting to get annoying.

I could get over this. I could get over her.

But I never had her to begin with. So what would I really be getting over?
A childish infatuation? Or nothing but a chemical attraction? The burning sensation in my chest told me it was more than that. Karma for all the fucked up things I've done in my life. Feelings. Not just that, but feelings for someone I could never have. Fuck the universe.