Three.

I never believed in faith but I always believed in the devil

I never believed in faith but I always believed in the devil. That was my second name.

I never understood the idea of partnerships. It was difficult to trust anyone. Especially in this line of work. There were few I could count on. It's funny to see how many people know you when you're at the top, yet no one bothers to check on you at your lowest.

It's times like that you realize who's really there for you and who's meant to be in your life.

As for me, I've never been one for human interaction. I fucking hate everyone. Except Alyssa. She's all I have.

Our father died 10 years ago. I was 18, Alyssa was 14. My mother died shortly after my sister was born.

My Nonna was the only one who was with us. We had relatives all over the world but not one of them bothered until I took the reigns. I did a better job than my father anyway.

Recklessness got him killed. He was a cheat, a pure fraud. I can't say he deserved to die, he deserved a chance to make amends. But that's not the way it works in our profession. You fuck up, you die.

My sister was promised to the Capello's, an Italian family. This was when she was 13. I fought against every deal, every offer and made my father cheat his way out of the deal. We ended up with half the streets of New York and my father with a bullet in his skull.

I would be lying if I said the guilt didn't eat at me every single day.

I don't think any man in the Cosa Nostra had a clean past. Some had it easy, silver spoon life. Others grew up on the streets. Even though my father was a leader, he was a horrible man. He never cared for us. Not at all. He was ready to ship my sister of when she was 13. If I'm being honest, I would've killed him myself if he did that.

No one knew what I had went through. I won't lie, I am an emotionally closed off person. I just don't have time for it. I never considered myself a moral man. I didn't bother much with the concept of right and wrong. But I live by a certain code that can't be challenged. I think you just have to learn how to fucking shoot first.

After my father died, I took care of everything. At 18 years old, I was able to take control of everything the underworld had to offer.

Nothing in this life is in black and white. It's red. Bloody. "dangerous" is putting it mildly. You can't let your whims get the better of you. Which is why there are only two Don's in New York City.

One thing you learn in this line of work, is that you should never underestimate your opponents. You'd be a fucking fool to think you hold all the power. Never seek out war, but always be prepared for it. And if you're waging a war, you better fucking win.

Not because of my name, but the reputation I managed to earn for myself made me who I am today. Untouchable.

It was tough to make partnerships for me. A lot of that entailed friendships and I had few of those too. When I was forced to go to therapy by Alyssa, my therapist decided I had severe trust issues and a closed off personality or whatever the fuck that was, I thought it was a bit dramatic. She just wanted my money anyway. Needless to say I never went back there.