Chapter 71: Sweet 16 Pt2

Start from the beginning

16 candles to 16 people who impacted me. I might have a few over 16 but they share a candle.

"Hey I just wanted to thank each and everyone of you guys for coming out tonight. It means the world to me and I really appreciate it. I couldn't have done this without the help of my family and friends so thank you guys. I have 16 candles here in front of me. It was hard to pick who each of these were going to. Only 16 for so many important people to me. Please if I don't call your name don't get mad you are still dear to my heart.

The first candle to be lit is for my mom. Ma you brought me into this world and showed me the ways of it trying to keep me out of any harm. I don't have words to thank you for being there for me.

The second candle goes to my dad. Dad, you helped bring me into this world, always pushing me for the best. No matter how many times I wouldn't listen or would fall, You brought me back up making me believe in myself. I love you forever.

The third candle is for Vincenzo. Enzo We've been close since the womb. Everything I did you was always there. You've been my best friend for sixteen years. Thank you for being another brother to me.

The fourth candle goes to one of my favorite twins. Leo is my lead for the night. Since I've met you, you have always been so outgoing and friendly, never letting anything happen to the people you love. Protecting people around you. Thank you for being another brother.

The fifth candle goes out to my favorite Twin Mia. No matter what happened you were always there ready for whatever. We could walk into a storm blind and you were always by my side falling with me and helping each other back up. You're the sister I've always wanted.

The sixth candle goes out to Nonno. You've always been a strong person no matter what was thrown your way. You helped me become the person I am today and love you so much.

The seventh eighth and ninth candle I light for my other grandparents who are watching over from heaven. I miss you each and every day

The tenth eleventh twelfth is for all my cousins, aunts, uncles and family who have passed in protecting the family name. Each and everyday you are missed and love keep protecting us

The thirteenth is for my partner in crime Adriano. Adriano you're more of my twin than anything else. You're always there for me and always up for something. Thank you for loving me

The fourteenth is for Agosto. The brother who taught me to be weird and not give a fuck. The one who always makes sure I'm alright ready to fight at any moment. I love you forever

The Fifteenth is for Angelo the computer genius. I don't know how you do it but you. I could just go into your room while you were programming or doing work and you wouldn't kick me out. You would sit me next to you showing me and explaining it to me. I had no clue what you were saying but I spent time with you that's all I wanted. I love you forever

The sixteenth and last candle goes to my eldest brother. Alessandro I don't even know where to start. Since the very beginning you always put on this tough guy act but knew how to flip the switch when we were together.  Everything and anything I did I went running to you and you waited for me with open arms. I love you forever"

Tears escape from my face as each one of them comes up grabbing a candle hugging me forming a line. I light a 17th one for good luck blowing them all out at the same time.

Clapping fills the room bringing a smile to my face. The dj turns on the music again, most people going back to dance. My brothers and I all go into a big ass hug. "We love you Athena" they say in unison.

"I love you guys too" I wipe the tears coming down my eyes. Thank god I only made them put eyeshadow and a bit of highlighter.

Even when I'm walking runways of photo shoots I like to keep it natural. "Stop growing up on us" Angelo smiles, wiping the rest of my face.