Chapter 27

|Scar Mejia|

"So what time did you get there?" Agent McCall asked Stiles.

"At the same time."

"At the same as who?"

"At the same time as us." Scott and I said at the same time.

"By coincidence?" Agent McCall asked.

"What do you mean coincidence?" Stiles asked.

"That's what I'm asking you. The three of you arrived at the same time. Was that coincidence?"  He asked another question.

"Are you asking me?" I asked.

"I think he's asking me." Stiles answered.

"I think he's asking all three of you." Lydia said.

"Ok. Let me answer the questions... Let me ask the questions. Just so I have this absolutely clear. Barrow was hiding in the chemistry closet at the school. Someone left him a coded message on the blackboard telling him to kill Kira. Then Barrow took Kira to a power substation and tied her up with the intent of electrocuting her, which blacked out the entire town." Agent McCall explained.

"Sounds about right." I nodded.

"How did you know he'd take her to a power station?" Agent asked.

"Well, 'cause he was an electrical engineer. So where else would he take her?"

"That's one hell of a deduction there, Stiles."

"Yeah, what can I say? I take after my pops. He's in law enforcement." Stiles winked at Dad, who was sitting at his desk behind Agent McCall.

"We made a good guess."

"What were you two doing?" Agent asked Scott and Kira.

"Eating pizza." Scott said at the same time Kira said, "Eating sushi."

"Eating sushi and pizza." They both said.

"You believe this?" Agent asked Dad.

"To be honest, I haven't believed a word Stiles has said since he learned how to speak. But I think these kids found themselves in the right place at the right time and that girl sitting there is very lucky for it."

Agent McCall sat up, "Kira, is that how you remember it?"

Stiles, Scott, Lydia and I looked at Kira.

"Yes... Could I get my phone back now?" She asked.

"Sorry, but no."
___________________________

"Class starts in 5 minutes. Just because there's no power, don't expect there to be no school." Coach yelled through the megaphone.

"That was a triple negative. Very impressive, Coach." Stiles called out.

"Copy that."

I looked up to see Scott about to walk over to Kira.

"No. Nope. Stop." I held him back.

"What? I need to talk to her."

"No, you need to remember someone left a coded message telling Barrow to kill her." I told him.

"Which is why I need to talk to her."

"Scott, no way. Until we figure out if she's just another psychotic monster that's going to start murdering everybody, I vote against any and all interaction." Stiles added.

"What if she's like me?" Scott asked.

"That girl walked through 1.21 jigawatts of electricity. She's not like you."
___________________________

"It just showed up there on my key ring this morning. I asked my dad if he put it there but he said he didn't know anything about it." Stiles said, walking with us through the crowd.

Ethan let Danny use Derek's loft as a venue for his blacklight party.

"It's just a key, right?" I yelled over the music.

"Yeah, but it's not mine. I don't know how it got there or what it's for."

"You want to leave so we can figure it out?" Scott asked.

"Uh..." Stiles' thinking was interrupted when a girl with a pink wig kissed him on the cheek.

"Happy Halloween!" She said before dancing away.

Well then.

"It can wait." Stiles said before walking towards her.

"Well, Scott and Kira, I would love to stay and play third wheel but I'm gonna go get fücked up." I walked away and danced my way through the crowd.

I walked over to the the girl that was painting people. I took my shirt off, tucking half of it in my pocket.

"My body is ready."

The paint-lady laughed and started painting on me. After a few minutes, I had blue and red swirls all around my arms, stomach and boobs. As I turned to walk away, I bumped into Isaac.

"Hey, Scar." He smiled.

"Hey, Isaac. You done playing house with the Argents yet?" I asked, sarcastically.

"Don't be like that."

"How would you feel if one of your best friends just randomly stopped talking to you and started hanging out with the fücking enemy?"

Isaac shook his head. When he did that, I noticed something behind his ear.

"What?" Isaac asked.

"There's something on your head. Behind your ear."

It looked like a backwards number five. I pulled him into the storage closet, that had a mirror, to show him it.

"What is that?" Isaac whispered.

I heard someone groan.

"Did you hear that?" I nodded.

I looked on the ground behind the self to see Ethan on the ground. Isaac sat him up and tried to shake him awake. I grabbed Ethan's arm with both of my hands.

"What are you doing?" Isaac asked.

"It'll trigger the healing." I said, before breaking his wrist.

Ethan growled before coming out of the trance. I turned his head to the side, revealing the same symbol like Isaac's.

"It's the same. Exactly the same."

Suddenly, the music shut off. I grabbed one of Ethan's arms while Isaac grabbed the other. We walked out to see that the place was empty besides Us, Derek, Allison, Aiden, Lydia, Scott, Kira, and Stiles. Suddenly, four shadows appeared.

"Guys, they're all looking at me." Aiden said.

The shadows took a step forward.

"Why are they all looking at me?" They took another step. "Guys!"

Scott and Derek ran and attacked the shadow people. I snuck up behind one and broke his neck but he didn't die. What the hell? It kicked me, knocking me into a wall. I watched helplessly as they made the same mark on Aiden. The sun came up and they vanished into thin air.

"What the hell were those things?" I asked, standing up.

"Your dad's 24 hours are up." Isaac told Allison.

What does that mean?