Chapter Twenty-eight

Start from the beginning

    "I mean they're practically asking all those there to write down their parent's phone numbers!" Samuel exclaimed.

"So what do we do?"I interjected impatiently.

     "Exactly,"Jordan nodded,"what do we do?"

"I got a–"Chris began but got interrupted by Samuel.

"Oh was that Sam there? Sam hiiii,ooh I wish y'all were here already. We could be playing PES– ow! What's that for ugh!"

  "Shut up and let's figure a way out for them will you! Hello? Jordan, Lewis, you guys still there?"

"We're listening." Jordan exhaled, stealing me a glance.

  "Aha! I um got an idea which I'm pretty sure will work. Jordy you see that secluded area where the lagoon is? The out of bounds area..."

"Yeah yeah, what about that?"

Christopher cleared his throat.

"Yes. You'd have to trust me boys. You guys, retreat to the back of the school–"

"No fucking way!"I exclaimed, throwing my hands in the air.

"It's like a twenty minutes walk from here Chris! And how sure are you that some of the sisters aren't standing over there too already?"

"Listen Sam, I'm not saying you guys should use the back gate. The lagoon runs from a certain point out there into the out of bounds area, Jordan if only you get me."

  "Uh-huh?"he probed, his eyes litting the way they usually do when an idea is making itself known.

I heard Samuel's voice at the background as he and Chris exchanged a few words and then Chris was back on the line.

"Yeah so Jord, if you guys are able to cross the lagoon into the out of bounds area which would've technically brought you into the school, getting to Gentility block wouldn't be very challenging. You get?"

  "Yeahh–um, what if some of the authorities are guarding the out of bounds area? We could land into more trouble."

Chris was silent for a sec, intensifying my fears.

My mind kept playing what could possibly go wrong. The fact that we'll be crossing lagoon was heart–dropping as fudge.

gods of Euro–

"I'm not sure... apart from the night watchman who guards that side, I don't think any of the nuns will be there. But you guys just go, like now now. If they aren't there already then mightn't be long before they realize there's actually a loophole. The last years probably know about that area so you guys be very fast."

Jordan had started retreating already, dragging a dumbfounded me with him.

I blinked severally to remind myself that as much as I wished it to be a dream,it wasn't.

I needed to stay positive right now and forget that our punishment will even be bigger in case we got caught using the out of bounds path.

    🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Phew! We were there. The scent of the lagoon mixing with the evening air.

    "Chris was fucking right." Jordan muttered, eyes trailing off to a figure at the distance.

He nodded, urging me to look ahead.

I saw a figure, not very clear given the moonlight was the only light aiding our vision but it was most probably a person from our school. He was walking through the lagoon, the water reaching his waist.