Chapter 44

2021, Rome, Italy

It didn't take long for Clara to pack all her things and move into Rome with Victoria, even if it wasn't her decision at first, it was Michelle's. The brunette couldn't see her best friend being sad 24/7 anymore so fired her and sent her to Rome. It wouldn't be long until she moves to Rome too so the girls weren't as sad as they thought they would be. Of course, it was hard to say goodbye, after all they had lived together for years now, and it was weird for Michelle to be alone in their flat, but it was only for a few months, just the time to finish the recording of her two future albums, and she'd be off to Italy as well.

When Clara arrived at the band's house, her girlfriend had no idea she'd be moving with them, which first led to a fight, because Victoria hated when people hid things from her, but it didn't take long for the bassist to enjoy her girlfriend's arrival.

None of the boys had ever seen Victoria that happy, and the girl was usually the happiest of them all. But seeing the girls so happy made everything more difficult for those whose significant others were away. Ethan struggled because Dante was back in his Sicilian palace as Elle would call it. The drummer hadn't realised what kind of life his boyfriend was living before, Dante did live like a prince, because that was how he had been raised, and unlike Michelle, he had never gotten out of it for long. They came from very different background; Ethan had been raised in a middle-class family, where months weren't always easy, and Dante... Dante was old nobility, like Elle. Now the drummer understood why those two got along so well, they were literally raised to make a great marriage, which led to a huge fight between the two lovers.

"You don't understand, your family will never accept me as your boyfriend! They want you to marry Elle, not a musician who grew up struggling with money!" Yelled Ethan in the middle of the fight.
"You're right, my family and Elle's always wanted us to get married, but I never loved her like that. Michelle is my childhood friend, none of us want this marriage. You want to know if I love Elle? Yes, I do, to me she's the sister I never had, and if you ask her, she'd say the same thing about me. I couldn't care less about what my family thinks of your background, thanks to you, I'm learning to become more independent from them. I'm not Michelle, I was never a rebellious child, I didn't have a Clara to show me what life was outside of our golden cage. I'm still learning, with your help. But I can't keep doing that if you don't trust me." That was the difference between those two, Ethan tended to fight, to protect himself, whereas Dante had more diplomatically manners.
"Why are you with me?"
"Because I love you, Ethan."
"And if your family asked you to choose between me and them, what would you do?"
"I'd chose you, always."

It looked like everyone was getting their happy ending in the Måneskin mansion, everyone except Damiano, who still was apart from his other half.