Chapter 33

2021, Rotterdam, Netherlands

         The whole friend group was in Damiano's and Victoria's suite. Michelle and Damiano had finally came out of his room and were now standing in a corner next to a window. It seemed like they were talking, he was holding her face in his hand while she had her eyes closed and was breathing slowly. Thomas had that look on his face, he was worried, for Elle but also for Dami, his friends were playing a dangerous game and he could see them falling for each other.

"What do you think they are doing?" Asked Clara in English. She was the only one who could not speak Italian, which was kind of annoying sometimes because Ethan and Thomas were not really good at English.
"He's reassuring her, they always used to do that when Elle lived in Italy. Dami has always knew how to calm her even when they barely knew each other." Answered Vic with a smile, she was happy to see them like that.
"I'm still worried that he will hurt her again." Claimed the blonde-haired French girl.
"You shouldn't, he loves her." Said Thomas in a broken English, he shrugged when everyone turned toward him but kept going anyway. "Look, I was mad at Damiano for days, maybe even weeks when he cheated on Elle, because I had lost my best friend, and I know she suffered a lot, but so did he. He made a mistake that night, and believe me, he won't do it again. I'm pretty sure he would rather die than break her heart once again."

         Meanwhile, Michelle and Damiano were still in their corner, absolutely unaware of the conversation their friends were having, they were having their moment, just the two of them. If someone walked into the room without knowing them, they would immediately assume that they were together, after all, their sweat suits were matching, and they were hugging each other. The Italian boy's arms were resting on Elle's hips, while she had her hands on his torso.

"Do you trust me?"
"Of course, I do, you should know it Dami."
"Then, let's sing the first song we sang together."
"Wait... you're serious?"
"I'm just a teenage dirtbag, baby."

         The Italian singer took her hand and brought her to the centre of the room where the rest of the band were taking their instruments, the brunette still did not understand how Ethan's drum set were here, but she could not contain her smile. Damiano winked at her and began to sing, it made her laugh like the teenager she used to be when they sang it for the first time.

"Her name is Noelle
I have a dream about her
She rings my bell
I got gym class in half an hour
Oh, how she rocks
In Keds and tube socks
But she doesn't know who I am
And she doesn't give a damn about me"

         Damiano had not let go of Elle's hand even if he was holding a hairbrush in the other one, they were smiling like two kids, and their smile only got bigger when she took her phone to use it as a microphone for the chorus.

"'Cause I'm just a teenage dirtbag, baby
Yeah, I'm just a teenage dirtbag, baby
Listen to Iron Maiden, baby with me"

         Nobody had noticed, but the brown-haired French girl had felt it, there had been a sort of click in her head, and from that moment, she was not scared anymore, she just wanted to dance and sing with her friend. The Italian singer made her spin while they were singing the short chorus before he let her sing the second verse, just like the old times.

"Her boyfriend's a dick
He brings a gun to school
And he'd simply kick
My ass if he knew the truth
He lives on my block
And he drives an IROC
But he doesn't know who I am
And he doesn't give a damn about me"

         Clara was standing in a corner, she had never been that proud of her best friend, and she had to share it, so she took her phone out of her pocket and began a live video on Elle's Instagram account, the world had to see them.

"'Cause I'm just a teenage dirtbag, baby
Yeah, I'm just a teenage dirtbag, baby
Listen to Iron Maiden, baby with me

Oh yeah, dirtbag
No, she doesn't know what she's missing
Oh yeah, dirtbag
No, she doesn't know what she's missing"

         Michelle and Damiano were dancing together, like the lovers they used to be, singing at the top of their lungs as if the carpet was the Ahoy Arena's stage. They were genuinely happy, happier than they had been for years, they were just two kids in love once more.

"Man, I feel like mold
It's prom night and I am lonely
Low and behold
She's walking over to me
This must be fake
My lip starts to shake
How does she know who I am?
And why does she give a damn about me?"

         When they had first sang the song, back then, it was the only song they both knew and that fitted both of they vocal ranges, but now, now it was different. They were no longer kids, no longer teenagers, they were both adults now, they had grown up, together and also apart, but their connection was still undeniable, they were made to sing together, made to be together, even if they had no idea.

"I've got two tickets to Iron Maiden, baby
Come with me Friday, don't say maybe
I'm just a teenage dirtbag, baby like you"

         Michelle's voice was so pure on the contrary of Damiano's voice which was so deep, but together, together they made the perfect match for this song, as if they were somehow talking to each other. Everyone in the room could see the pride in Dami's eyes, and the happiness in Elle's, they were on the right track, and the right way.

"Oh yeah, dirtbag
No, she doesn't know what she's missing
Oh yeah, dirtbag
No, she doesn't know what she's missing"

         When they ended the song, the Italian boy lifted the brown-haired French girl from the ground and made her spin in the airs, which made her laugh like a child. She had done it, she had overthrown her fear, she had finally let go while singing, and she felt so relieved. Clara cut the live video and applauded while jumping everywhere, then something unexpected arrived. The two singers were looking straight into each other's eyes, it felt like they were alone in the room, they had forgotten that their friends were here, and it only lasted a few seconds, but for the first time in a year and a half, they lips met, creating fireworks in their stomach.

———————
OH MY GOD! OKAY IT'S HAPPENING! EVERYBODY STAY CALM! IT'S HAPPENING!
MICHELLE AND DAMIANO! MICHELLE AND DAMIANO KISSED! AAAAAAHHHHHH!
Sorry, sorry, I'm just overexcited! Told ya a lot of things would change... and it began!
Hope you liked it!
XoXo