Chapter 16

2019, London, England

Liked by @yakaaar,  @ethaneskin, @thomasraggi_, @vicdeangelis,  @itsclarasmith, and  200 676 others

@michElleValois THANK YOU LONDON FOR TONIGHT'S AMAZING SHOW!

@yakaaar what a show Elle
@vicdeangelis 🔥🔥🔥
@itsclarasmith this girl is on fire!
Unknown 1 why is Damiano commenting her pic?
Unknown 2 so does Victoria
Unknown 3 does she know them?
Unknown 4 do you think she is his girlfriend?

Michelle sighed when she saw the comments on her latest Instagram post, people would never stop talking. The band had liked her post, and Damiano and Victoria had commented it, now she had hundreds of messages and comments wondering whether she knew them or not, whether she was in a relationship with the Italian singer or not. She had no time to deal with it, she was on a call with her aunt, trying to understand why her... mom had come to her friends' flat.

C: Michelle, you are sure it was your mom?
M: Look, Auntie Catherine, we look exactly alike, and I saw pics of her, I know it was her.
C: But why would Laurette come to London? And how did she know you would be there?
M: No one knows where I'm staying because I'm not at the hotel.
C: Then where are you?
M: It's not the point. Do you think dad could have something to do with it?
C: Your dad? Laurette abandoned him as well, Michelle.
M: Don't compare us, you can't compare it. They both abandoned me, the only exception is that dad was violent, dad is an asshole who liked to beat his daughter.
C: Your dad is a good man, he...
M: Stop covering him! When will you finally admit that the reason, I live with you is because my parents never cared about me? He was and he is still abusive toward his daughter!
C: You're overacting, Michelle. He made a mistake, he...
M: A mistake?! Beating the shit out of your child is not a mistake, it's a choice! He chooses to be an abusive father, he chooses to put those scars in my skin, it's not because they are covered with tattoos or clothes that they don't exist! I can't believe you keep defending him! It would have been a mistake if he did it once, but he did not, he did it every single time he was in Paris. I never said anything to anyone, because you said I had, as his daughter, to protect his carrier, but what about mine?
C: You can't compare your little music thing to his diplomatic carrier.
M: You are not any better than he is.
C: I raised you, Michelle, you owe me respect.
M: I get that he is your nephew and that you love him, but you used to love me as well. I don't owe you anything, nor do I owe anything to dad, or to that woman that gave birth to me. Don't expect me to come back, I won't. Family isn't power, it's a curse.

         The brunette hung up the phone and sighed once again, the whole situation was bullshit, she did not deserve any of this. She left the rooftop and stormed into her friends' living room, she had an idea for a new song, and it could not wait. Everyone turned their head toward Elle when they saw her, Thomas frowned while the others looked worried.

"I need your help; do you remember how we used to write songs years ago in Italy?"
"Yes?" Damiano was not sure whether he was following her idea or not.
"You have an idea for a song, and you need our help?" Vic was on point, as usual.
"Vic, I love how you always understand me. Are you guys in?"
"Always." Thomas got up and made Elle jump on his back so he could take her to the studio.

         They were all laughing, until Damiano heard the lyrics of the song, it was not a light song, the lyrics were heavy, and he knew what Michelle was talking about: her father. He let her finish her verse, and then he talked.

"Elle, are you sure it's a good idea?"
"Is it a good idea to talk about my childhood drama? Yes, I need it, Dami, I need to write about it." She was confident, she looked strong, and she was not afraid anymore. "My dad won't be able to do anything about it, and you know why? Because it would harm his reputation."
"Fine, let's do this then." He smiled and kissed her forehead before going back to their writing.

         A few hours later, after loads of cups of coffee, they managed to finish the song, and it was a hell of a song. Warrior was an amazing song, with strong lyrics, it was the first song they had played together in a long time, it was also the first one they had wrote in a long time, and it turned out really well.

"Thank you, guys, I couldn't have done it without you." Michelle was really grateful because this song meant a lot to her.
"Can you sing it to us again, please?" Thomas looked at her with puppy eyes, which made her laugh, but she nodded and started singing as her friends played their instruments.

"This is a story that I have never told
I gotta get this off my chest to let it go
I need to take back the light inside you stole

You're a criminal
And you steal like you're a pro

All the pain and the truth
I wear like a battle wound
So ashamed, so confused
I was broken and bruised

Now I'm a warrior
Now I've got thicker skin
I'm a warrior
I'm stronger than I've ever been
And my armor, is made of steel, you can't get in
I'm a warrior
And you can never hurt me again

Out of the ashes, burnin' like a fire
You can save your apologies
You're nothing but a liar
I've got shame, I've got scars
But I will never show
I'm a survivor
In more ways than you know

'Cause all the pain and the truth
I wear like a battle wound
So ashamed, so confused
I'm not broken and bruised

'Cause now I'm a warrior
Now I've got thicker skin
I'm a warrior
I'm stronger than I've ever been
And my armor, is made of steel, you can't get in
I'm a warrior
And you can never hurt me

There's a part of me I can't get back
A little girl grew up too fast
All it took was once, I'll never be the same

Now I'm taking back my life today
Nothing left that you can say
'Cause you are never gonna take the blame anyway

Now I'm a warrior
I've got thicker skin
Now I'm a warrior
I'm stronger than I've ever been
And my armor, is made of steel, you can't get in
I'm a warrior
And you can never hurt me again

No, oh, yeah, yeah

You can never hurt me again"

         Damiano loved seeing her sing, she looked like an angel with her eyes closed and her little smile. No, she did not look like an angel, Elle looked like a goddess, she was perfect, even if she disliked her body. The Italian singer knew about her struggle with her body and with food, but in his eyes, she was the most beautiful human being, and the one he loved the most. And no matter what would happen in their lives, it would never change.

————

Hello everyone!
For those wondering, Michelle new song is Demi Lovato's song Warrior which I love!
Hope you liked this chapter!
XoXo