Chapter 2

2017, Rome, Italy

         One day it was a sunny September afternoon, and the other one it was already a rainy November morning. Today was Michelle last day in Italy, she did not saw the months past, she was too busy hanging out with Damiano and the band. She loved them, they were amazing, Elle never imagined that she would, and that she could, find people like them. A lot happened in three months, for example the French girl was no longer a brunette, she now had bleached blond hair with pink tips which she had done after a bet with Thomas. Thomas was the one she was the closest with, apart from Damiano of course. Thomas and Michelle really got along very well, especially because they were the exact same age and were in the same class, so they were almost always together. Of course, she loved Victoria as well, Vic was the only girl of the band and Elle loved to hang out with her. She was not that close with Ethan, they got along well but she did not see him as much as the other, so it was different.

"Michelle! We're here."

         The now blonde-haired French girl turned around and saw her friends waving at her sitting in the caffè where they always hang out, they spend way too much in that caffè. She sat down on the armrest of the armchair Damiano was sitting in, she smiled at him when he took her hand in his. Those two were crazy about each other, everyone could see this except from this two, they were just so obvious. They had flirted with each other since the very first night, but now that it was coming to an end, their friends were worried about how they would cope with this.

"Elle, I can not believe you are leaving tomorrow." Vic's voice was not as enthusiastic as it usually was.
"I know, I do not realise it has already been three months since I arrived here." Michelle's voice was shaking, not because she was insecure about her accent even if she still was, but because she was getting emotional.

         Elle had spent three amazing months in Rome, and she had wished she could stay longer but she could not, she had to go back to her life in Paris, she had to go back to her friends and family. Would the French teenager regret leave this place and the people she had met here? Of course, she was already regretting, and she had not left yet, but she had no other choice, she had to go back to her study in France, her dad had been clear with that. He had call, he had come back to Paris expecting to see his daughter and had been yelling at her for an hour over the phone. He was mad at her and her aunt for not telling him about his daughter's stay abroad, but he had no right for that, he was not Michelle's legal guardian, her great aunt was so it was her right to send her abroad. Anyway, he was picking her at the airport tomorrow and she was not looking forward to it.

"Michelle? Are you there?" Damiano shook her hand to bring her back with them, she looked at him with a fake smile, he could see it but said nothing.
"Sorry guys, I've got lost in my mind." Said Michelle. "I don't want to think about my departure tonight, let's just enjoy our last night together, alright?"
"This is not our last night ever, this is just our last night for the moment." Stated Thomas and Elle really hoped he was right because she did not want it to be their last night ever.
"So, what are we doing tonight?" Asked Ethan, he was the quietest member of the band and that was one of the reasons why Elle liked him, there was no need to talk with Ethan, he understood everything just with a look.
"I've just had a fucking good idea!" Shouted Vic with an enormous smile. "One last music night with our favourite Frenchie."

         They all agreed on that, so they left the caffè and took the bus to Thomas' house where the band always rehearsed. Michelle had come here every single weekend since she arrived in Rome and met the band, there was not a Saturday without rehearsal, and she did not miss one of them. They had spent hours here; the blonde-haired teenager had sung so many songs with Damiano, she really did not want it to be the last one. That night, they sang a lot, smiled many times, laughed until they could not breath anymore, there were also tears that night, no one wanted to see her leave because no one knew when they would see her again. They fall asleep in the old sofas which was not unusual, it was actually pretty common, they always stayed so late that they basically always slept there after a rehearsal. When they woke up in the morning, there were even more tears, Vic hugged Elle so tightly that she could hardly breath. Thomas made predictions about Elle's future saying that she would study in Italy and live with a famous Italian rock band, which probably would not come true but made her day better. Ethan was more reserved, he hugged Michelle quickly before she left and barely said anything, he never showed many emotions. Damiano walked Elle back to the De Lucas' flat, she would miss them, for the first time in forever she felt like she had parents taking care of her, she would miss that.

"Damiano, I..." The French girl did not have the time to finish her sentence, the singer connected his lips with her and kissed her as if his life were endangered and it was the only way to save him.

         She was kind of surprised at first, but she quickly kissed him back getting on her toes to be able to pass her hand in his hair. Michelle had a crush on Damiano since she met him and even if they flirted a lot, she could not tell him, not because she was afraid, but because she was leaving soon, and she could not get into a relationship. The blond-haired teenager knew that it was not a good idea, but she just could not stop, she had wanted it for so long. Elle was the one to step back of the kiss, but she kept her hands in his hair while he was resting his on her hips.

"Sorry, I should not have done that." Elle could not help but laugh, that was typical for Damiano to say sorry for no reason.
"Don't be, I wanted it as much as you, but you know I have to go Dami." He could hear the sadness in her voice, she was holding her tears back, but he could see her teary eyes.
"I have to thanks you, Elle."
"Why?"
"Those three months with you were the best three months ever, I just wished you could have stayed longer."

         Michelle got on her toes once again and kissed Damiano one last time, it was only a smack, but it would stay in their memories for weeks. She stepped back, tears running on her cheeks, she could not stop it anymore, she was crying because it was over, her time in Italy was over. The French girl only said two words before walking toward the door without looking back because she knew that if she saw him one last time, it would break her heart.

"Goodbye, Damiano."