Chapter 32

2021, Rotterdam, Netherlands

"Are you sure it's a good idea?"

         Michelle turned to face Clara while she was getting in her sweatpants, she was confused, what was not a good idea? They were all friends; how could this go wrong? They were just going to have some fun like they used to be when they were younger.

"What are you talking about? It's just a music night."
"That's exactly what I mean, Elle. You were sixteen last time you had one of these nights with them, everything changed since that day, isn't it weird?"
"Why would it be weird? They're my friends, stop making things up, Clara. I'm happy, let me enjoy it, please."
"I am, I'm just worried, Elle."
"Don't be, I'll be fine. I'm going to go, join me whenever you're ready."

         The brunette got up and walked out of the suit with her pillow and blanket under her arm, she probably looked crazy, but she did not care at all. She knocked at Victoria's and Damiano's suit door, and the Italian singer opened it with a big smile.

"Where's Clara?" He asked kissing his ex's cheek.
"She's getting ready, she'll arrive soon."
"You look great, Elle. Can I talk to you for a second?"

         Elle just blushed and nodded, she followed Damiano into his room and sat down next to him on the bed. She was holding her pillow tightly against her stomach, she was nervous, she had never liked when someone asked to talk to her, she always felt like she had done something wrong.

"What happened to you?" The French girl lifted her head to face her friend, she was not sure of what he was talking about because it was totally out of the blue.
"What do you mean? Because a lot of things happened to me lately."
"I remember how you used to be on stage, how much fun you used to have. Elle, you used to jump everywhere on stage, to dance everywhere, you were the life of the party. Now, you just stand behind your mic, singing at the top of your lungs. What happened to you?"

         So, it was about that, he was talking about how she had lost le feu sacré. The brown-haired girl knew that she had lost it, it was obvious, she had lost it after she attempted suicide, or maybe it was after Damiano cheated on her. It did not matter, she was scared now, scared to break down on stage, scared to let go.

"You happened, my father happened, I happened, a lot happened. Look, I know I lost my energy, I can feel it. I love to be on stage, there's nowhere I'd rather be, but it's different now. Music used to be my escapism, now, I can barely write a song. That's why Anna was so mad at me, because I kept postponing my new songs, my new album."
"I'll help you."
"What?" Elle looked up to the Italian boy's eyes and she saw something she had not saw in a while, a light she was scared to see, because she had thought it had died almost two years ago.
"Look, Elle, we both know that we are each other's biggest treat on the contest, and I know that both of us want to win, but I refuse to win because you have lost il fuoco sacro. So, I'll help you, and if one of us happen to win, we'll know that we both deserved it, alright?"
"Thank you, Dami."

         She hugged her friend and felt something in her stomach, something that could only announce more sadness, because even if she had never stopped loving him, Michelle had just realised that she was falling for Damiano once more.

———————
Hum... hi?
First of all, I wanted to thank you for the 5K, it's amazing and incredible, thank you so much!
Then, our girl Michelle has finally realised that she still loves our dear Damiano, which means that a lot of things will change soon... but I can't say more for now
Hope you enjoyed this short chapter, I promise the next one will be longer
XoXo