Chapter 39

2021, Rotterdam, Netherlands

"Is it okay if I throw up?"

         Damiano turned on his side to face Michelle that was laying on her back in his bed, it was Saturday, May 22nd, it was currently 7:30am, and the Grand Final started at 9pm. They had to go through the whole day before finally getting on stage, and to say that the two singers were nervous was an understatement.

"I'd rather not see you throw up, Amore."

         'Amore' Michelle loved how Damiano pronounced this word, and she loved it even more when he called her that. They were in a relationship, and a happy, but secret one, only their friends knew about them, they wanted to wait until Eurovision was over to make public appearance together.

"How do you look so calm? I know you're as nervous as I am, but I look like a nervous wreck, and you look like... a stone?"

         Elle's sentence made him laugh, it was true, they were both as nervous as the other, but the Italian boy looked way more relaxed than his girlfriend. The brown-haired boy rolled on the bed until he was on top of her body, he slowly kissed her lips to ease the tension in her body, and it worked pretty well. As their lips parted, the brunette ran her fingers through his hair, looking at every feature of his beautiful face. Even if she loved the charisma he had with the makeup he was wearing on stage and in public, she loved even more his natural beauty, Damiano really looked like a Roman God, the girls on Twitter were right about that.

"You're staring, Amore."
"You're so fucking beautiful, Love."
"Ti amo, Michelle."
"Je t'aime, Dami."

         When they were younger, Michelle and Damiano used to use their native language as a way to say important things, such as confessing their love to each other, and after everything they went through, they were still doing it. He was saying 'Ti amo' and she was saying 'Je t'aime' to prove that their love was stronger than the distance between them.

"I should go." Stated Elle with a sigh. "I promised Clara I would be back by 7."
"I'm sure she's with Vic, please don't go. We won't see each other lot today." It was true, Clara and Victoria spend most of their time together, they basically shared the two French girls' suite while Elle was always in Damiano's room, and as much as the two lovers were sure that their best friend were together, the girls wouldn't admit it.
"I know, but it's worthy isn't it? Who knows, one of us might win tonight."
"I don't care if I win of if you do, as long as it's one of us, we both won."

        It was true, as long as one of them win, they would both have won, because to see the other happy was a victory. Of course, they both wanted to win, but they'd rather lose to each other than to someone else, even if everyone was really talented this year. Michelle pushed her boyfriend away from her with a smirk and got up of the bed, totally naked, a delightful sight for Damiano's eyes. She got dressed in her sweatsuit, and quickly kissed his lips before going back to her room, where she took a shower and got dressed for the day before joining Clara in the suite.

"Wow, Elle, you look beautiful. But you also look like you're going to throw up."
"Because I think I'll throw up sooner or later."

        Clara smiled and took her best friend in her arms, to comfort her, she knew how stressful this day was for Elle, and even if she was nervous too, she had to stay strong for her. Of course, the blond-haired French girl wanted Michelle to win, she was her best friend, and it was her dream since she first heard Waterloo by ABBA and knew about the ESC, Clara would be sad if Elle didn't win tonight, but if MÅNESKIN happened to win, she would be happy as well, because it would mean that her lover had won.