"I saw her looking crazy earlier but I thought she went back upstairs. Sorry you had to deal with that. She sounded drunk too."

"She definitely was. Either that or high." I shook my head.

"Why'd you come through the main entrance though? You usually come from the parking garage."

"Man I injured myself a couple weeks ago. I been carpooling." I showcased my boot.

"Oh damn. How long you down for?"

"Never down." I chuckled. "Nah but doctor says I got a couple months. I was worried it would make me look silly but I'm rocking it. Plus I get special treatment at work. It's nice having the attention low key."

"You the youngest ain't you?"

"And is." I laughed and got down. "Well I'll catch you around. Thanks again for looking out. Have a good night." I was about to walk away but remembered something. "Here." I passed him an energy drink and a snack.

This is my guy. He looks out for me when I come in at night but he hasn't been at work in a bit. I had to look out for him since he does it for me.

"My girl." He pointed at me. "Oh you got a little pimp walking going on. It fits you." He joked.

"Word? Let me drop the shoulder." I did and almost fell. "Oh shit. Let me stop before I actually fall. Night." I threw up the peace sign.

I finally made it to my apartment and threw everything down. I fed and walked the boys before I left so they'll be fine until our morning walk.

I heated up the food I got before coming home and finally sat down on my couch. I only watch the bachelor for the drama and to look at how silly these people are.

After I ate I enjoyed a nice shower and went straight to my bed. It didn't take me long to go to sleep.

Of course my peace and quiet came to an end when my phone started vibrating. I saw it was my mom and my eyebrows scrunched together.

I cleared my throat and answered. "Hello?"

"Hi honey. How are you?"

"Tired."

"Oh did I wake you? I'm sorry."

"It's fine. Wassup? Something wrong?"

"Uh well granddad is in the hospital. He's going to surgery."

"Huh?" I'm caught all the way off guard.

"I would've called sooner but we assumed you were working or busy doing something."

As if this wasn't important? "He's going into surgery now?"

"He just went back."

"Okay. I'm on my way." We hung up and I relaxed back in my bed, and let out a loud sigh.

Am I upset? Yes. I absolutely love, adore my granddaddy and everyone knows that. This is obviously important and I would've been there immediately. I just think it's messed up. I could've gotten a text at least.

I was about to call Jasmine but remembered she had a date tonight. She may have gotten lucky and I don't want to interrupt.

I called anyway just in case. Of course she didn't answer so I figured out who else I could call. I know I have Melo but everyone was exhausted after tonight's game.

.....I need him though....

LaMelo's POV

I extended my arm to get my phone that was ringing. I wouldn't normally answer but I did tonight for whatever reason.