"of course. Why didn't you call your boyfriend?"

"shut up, promise you can get it done for me?"

"no problem Kat, anything for you. And listen, about what happened with him..."

"no, I don't want to know. We'll deal with it when we can."

"I know. By the way, you're not in charge of my bachelor party."

I rolled my eyes. "I feel awful."

"nah, you had a legit reason. Don't worry, I'll text you the details."

"you're the greatest person on earth. Thank you Jax."

The line clicked off and I sighed. I walked into my bathroom and realized all my stuff was at home. Not this home, my other home.

I walked into the guest room and when I finished up I went back into my room to call Aly.

I should call him. He hasn't called me. He's probably passed out in the bar somewhere.

I heard the door fly open.

My heart began to pound. I felt a ringing in my ears and my mind was in so many different time zones.

I didn't turn around, but I knew it was him. His scent danced around the room, warm vanilla whisky and sandalwood.

I heard his footsteps, and then the door shut.

"look at me. Please." he said, and I shut my eyes, feeling everything rushing back to me.

'stop trying to run my business'
'what part of that don't you understand'

I shook my head. Without turning around I asked, "what are you doing here?"

"at least look at me. Please."

I sighed, and turned around.

He looked scruffy, like he didn't sleep. His eyes were dark underneath and I don't think he combed his hair. He had light stubble framing his face and he was in the same clothes as last night.

"what do you want?" I asked, knowing full well what I wanted from him.

"I'm sorry Kat. I am so fucking sorry you have no clue." he said, and the look in his eyes was something to be photographed and framed, because I doubt it'd happen again. He looked at loss. In pain, excruciating pain. But most of all, he looked apologetic. Though it wouldn't be so easy.

"you're apologizing? I can't believe you're capable of that." I said in return, and turned my back to him again.

"I'll get on my fucking knees right now Kat. I really am sorry."

I bit my lip, feeling the quiver in it from last night.

"what brought all this on?" I asked.

"I drank myself to sleep and it was okay, then I woke up and you weren't there and that's where the fucking problem started." he said, and I turned around slowly.

"God, look at you, I made you cry. You have no reason to forgive me baby, really, you don't. But I need you to know that I'm sorry, and I wasn't in a good place last night and I shouldn't have fucking taken it out on you." he said, and ran a frustrated hand down his face.

"do you even know all the things you said to me?"

"I know, and I didn't mean a single fucking word, I just, I had so much running through my head. And it wasn't fair to take it out on you, I know that but I just don't know how to deal with it. I wasn't mad at you. I was an ass. I acted like a child just because I was upset about something else. I really am sorry."