Sam Hayes would not know peace again until he confessed.

They were so young, and he didn't want to waste any more time not kissing Ned Flowers's face off. He wanted to squeeze in as much hand holding, cuddling, and kissing as he could before they were given any reason to stop.

He was getting lightheaded.

#

NED

Something was off.

The nerves were radiating off Sam and Ned sighed, putting the golf cart in park. They hadn't made a full circle in the cul-de-sac before he knew to stop. If Ned had to be the one to ask what was going on, it must be serious. He leaned over, his hand itching to take Sam's and hold it tight. He asked, "Are you okay? Did... did I do something wrong?"

Sam jumped. "No! No! No, you've been..." His eyebrows scrunched, his jaw and lips quivering as he had almost too much to say. He took a deep breath, filling his entire chest before getting out of the cart. He stood in the middle of the road, all the lights and colors shining against his person. "You've been great."

Ned climbed out too now the cart between them, The Gregor sitting alone in the middle seat. Sam shook his head and admitted, "Ned, I never want to talk about the past again. It happened. That's it. I want to talk about now. I want to talk about you and me right here and now."

Confused, Ned took a few careful steps around and Sam was quickly shrinking the distance. For their entire friendship, Ned and Sam were on a long ride. Just before Ned thought they had arrived, they'd have to jump back in the car and go again, endless stops, and no rest. The cold air burned Ned's lungs and his feet landed hard on the pavement as he made long strides to reach Sam again.

"When you said you liked me..." Sam's voice wavered as if he was using the last ounce of his breath. He looked like he was on the verge. Verge of falling apart. Of crying. Of passing out. "I haven't been able to think about anything else. So, I want to talk about it again. Right now."

"Honestly, Sam..." Ned shook his head, his voice soft. Already reaching for him, Ned's hands slide across Sam's face to curl around his neck. He whispered, leaning towards Sam's lips. "I don't really wanna talk."

And then, they found home. Ned kissed Sam slower than slow, softer than soft and Sam melted like ice in the summer sun. Sam leaned into it, touching Ned's face and kissing him right back. Once one kiss ended, their lips found each other again.

Now that it started, Ned couldn't stop. He had a Wishlist of all the things he wanted to do to Sam Hayes as soon as he got his hands on him. He used both his hands to rack through Sam's curls and bring him in ever closer.

Ned Flowers was good now.

He could pass away and yet, he never felt more alive. His face pounding from the punch. His heart thrumming from the rush of adrenaline of catching something he's always wanted. This was running and dancing and singing and screaming all packed into this kiss.

Ned could feel the Christmas lights all around them brighten. He could feel the electricity surging through the air like comets ripping through the night sky. It was all static. All light. Everything buzzing at Ned's fingertips.

Sam pushed, moving Ned back without leaving his mouth. Ned was hungry for it, every little taste not quite enough. There was more to try. The back of Ned's legs found the [blank] of the cart and he let himself drop. Like this, Sam had better reach and Ned was happy without the strain, happy to be cradled in Sam's hands and be consumed. Ned raked his hands up Sam's back, just underneath his own jacket. Sam suddenly enraptured by Ned from every side.

#

THE GREGOR

If I could, I would sigh.

We don't have time for this.

Adjusting my adorable round body, I let gravity do its magic and I slipped off the seat.

#

NED

With Sam pushing him back, Ned's elbow suddenly knocked into the cart and The Gregor flopped down and rolled onto the cart floor. Ned's stomach dropped. He broke the kiss and glanced around to try to spy if the gnome was okay or not. He didn't hear a crack or anything.

Sam chuckled. "Go check on him."

"Thank you," Ned smiled sheepishly and scurried around. He reached for The Gregor and turned it around as he searched for any knew cracks or scuffs. Seeing none, he let out a relieved sigh. He rubbed his warm cheek and neck, glancing back at Sam. He had to smile again.

Slowly, Sam walked back up to him. He grabbed the middle of Ned's sweater and tugged. Obliging, Ned brought his smile down for Sam to kiss once more. Sam whispered, "I like you by the way."

Ned kissed him again with fireworks going off in his stomach.

Sam tugged again. "Aren't you going to say it back?"

"Aren't you replying to me?" Ned grinned wider.

A harder tug, pulling Ned close enough to kiss without touching him. Sam whispered, egging him on, "Ned."

With a smile, Ned brushed through Sam's hair and said, "I like you so much. I don't like anyone as much as I like you and a part of me hopes that tonight never ends."

AUTHOR'S NOTE

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I usually try to update around Friday or Saturday, but I couldn't help it anymore!! I'm a sucker for kissing scenes. So much so, in my brain, I was like this deserves a whole chapter. Lol. I hope you guys enjoyed it! And look forward to another update at the end of the week.

Thoughts on the kiss? Kiss too soon? Too late? If you were The Gregor, would you react the same way? Now that their feelings are out in the open, do you think their relationship is going to change? Will they act differently? 

And hey! If you're enjoying this book, check out my other two! A fake dating romcom called "30 DAY TRIAL PERIOD" or a quirky magical boarding school mystery called "THE IRRESISTBLE MICKEY HOLLY".