Chapter Seventeen

NISHA

"Yikes," Nisha said.

Her eyebrows were permanently attached to the top of her forehead. There was a list of people Nisha never wanted to switch lives with. Number one being Mindy Williams who was meant to give a presentation on the Mechanical Properties of Solids, but instead accidentally revealed to the world her Wattpad profile, where she wrote self-insert BTS fanfiction.

Number two had been Tony Fletcher who decided to eat the hottest chip in the world, ended up in the bathroom for the entire next period, and then, he landed in the hospital.

And yet, whoever that over-dressed kid was suddenly jumped to the top of that list. Or maybe it was worse to be the people in the other car still gobsmacked. That angry curly headed guy just shouted, "doing drugs" and "sex with Ned" to a car full of horrified people that had to be his parents.

She couldn't wrap her mind around it.

If Nisha said anything close to that to her parents, they'd somehow go back in time and make it so she was never conceived.

"Maybe we'll let them go this time," Addison said what Nisha was thinking. Clenching her jaw, Addison attempted to disappear inside the leather of her seat. Her usually pinkish cheeks spread across her face and down her neck.

"Yeah," Nisha agreed. "I don't think we can even reach them."

Unbuckling, Nisha opened the sunroof and climbed up to scout the traffic situation. "This is miserable. Oh—" Nisha jumped watching the parent's car slam on their reverse, back through two empty spots, and escape through the other side to follow them. "Wow. They must hate Ned more than we do."

"Wasn't there someone else with them?" Addison asked.

"I don't remember," Nisha said and dropped back into her seat and buckled again. She browsed Spotify, until she found something slightly romance, but not overt enough that wouldn't clue Addison into the fact Nisha was seducing her.

Convulsing, Nisha shuddered and rubbed her hands together.

Addison glanced at her. "Are you cold?"

"There's something about this time of year. The cold just sticks to me." Nisha smiled and reached for Addison's right hand with her polished nails, long fingers, and silver claddagh ring keeping her heart wide open. She curled their fingers together, bringing her over to Nisha's side and rubbed their hands altogether. "But I guess you don't know what I'm talking about."

A car behind them honked, reminding them where they were and that everyone had the common mission to escape. Addison sighed in relief as they edged closer to the end of the parking lot where someone with mercy in their heart motioned her to go. Just as quickly as she pressed on the gas, Addison hit her breaks suddenly and Addison ripped out of Nisha's hands so she could hold her arm out and cover Nisha like a second seatbelt.

Nisha sucked in a breath, the air was stuck inside her chest. She turned to Addison, her face hot and her heart thrilled, jumping up and down and giving her heart burn. Addison eyed her and finally noticed what he'd done and her skin was burning red. Redder than whining. Sweeter than cherries. there was no way she'd ever remove the stain.

"Sorry," she said, removing her hand.

Nisha smiled. "It's okay. Thank you."

Addison smiled shyly when her eyes caught something in the window, the reason she stopped the car. She asked, "Isn't that the girl who was with those adults?"

A young girl with wild brown curls wearing a cute velvet dress walked just past their car and stopped. She twisted her head back and forth.

Addison rolled down her window. "Hey, uh were those your parents? The one yelling at Ned and his boyfriend?"