Chapter 21

Let's spice it up with Kyle's POV😳-

My heart broke as I held the trembling boy in front of me. I wanna know why he's afraid to love but I know I shouldn't pry. I don't know who this person is, but with the description all I can do is selfishly hope it's me.

But what if you get hurt again?

That one question pondered on my mind. I didn't want to take any chances but he seems to be just as much of a mess as me. I was still scared to let him see how much of a wreck I was though.

What if he wants to leave once he sees all of me just like... him. I shouldn't compare the two but my mind wouldn't stop. I squeezed him a bit tighter, scared that if I let go he'll run away and never look back.

I think he noticed that something was on my mind because the sniffling stopped and I felt him look up at me.

"Kyle?"

I looked down to meet his big doe eyes, all puffy and red.

He could be the worth the risk..

"Do you need to rant too? I'm always such a wreck in front of you. I'm sorry to have to deal with me being so.. broken. I don't want to burden you with the idea you need to fix me."

He started to put his head back down, looking as if he felt ashamed of himself. Before I knew what I was doing, my left hand cupped his cheek and gently had him look up at me.

"I don't think you're broken.." I said softly, letting my hand linger there and bask in his warmth, "You don't need to be fixed. You just need someone to lean on is all. You're not a broken vase that needs to be put back together... get this idea that you're shattered out of your head."

"But-"

"You're the strongest person I know Noah..."

Maybe it was the mood, and the setting that surrounded us but I was lost in his eyes. They told me a story that words couldn't muster together.

Emotions flicked through them and when I opened my mouth to speak...

I felt his soft lips crash onto mine.

At first I was in shock, but I started to move my lips in sync with his. I felt his left arm wrap around my neck, but when I tried to pull him closer he moved.

I tilted my head confused, panting. My lips still tingled despite feeling cold from the warmth they lost.

Maybe he didn't like the kiss.

He stood up and I grabbed his wrist.

"Wh-where are you going?"

I tried to keep my voice steady but I felt myself beginning to panic. He looked confused at first but then chuckled a bit and directed his eyes towards the hot coco.

"I don't want it to spill so I'm gonna put in on the desk. It's kind of a turn off if coco spills all over us right?"

Oh.

I let go of his wrist and smiled sheepishly, feeling my cheeks and ears heat up. As he put down his hot coco, I noticed his ears were pink too and I couldn't help but smile and laugh.

"What?" He asked turning to me, with this confused adorable look on his face.

"Nothing. Nothing at all." I said with a smile.

He just might be worth the risk.