[26]: New Ride

"There's just one more member of the team we have to meet

"There's just one more member of the team we have to meet."

"I thought there was one extra bed," Jimin agreed with Namjoon, nodding as he did so. "When do we meet him?"

"At the car yard."

"Today?"

"Now."

The whole group effectively starts readying themselves for departure, while you sneak back into your bedroom. You couldn't begin to understand why they were choosing to bring yet another outsider in.

And while the Boss was so clear about her boundaries?

They must all be newbies.

There is no way they have any type of experience if they're already willing to take such big risks.

But, whatever.

Who cares?

Once in the safety of your own room, you decided to change out of your running clothes, and swap your hoodie out for a simple zip-up crewneck. It was soft and warm, and, of course, black.

To keep your head warm, you put your hair into a messy, low ponytail and pulled another beanie over the mop.

To finish getting ready, you put on some one-star converse shoes, and grabbed a large pullover jacket, and your backpack.

You left your room and shut the door behind you.

"Ready to go?"

The boys that were ready, turned and faced you. They nod, suggesting that they were just waiting on Jungkook and Jimin to finish off.

—————

While sitting silently in the car, what became more obvious to you was the way in which everyone functions while together.

You didn't know them well.

You didn't know what to expect when it came to stuff like this.

Times when you simply can't ignore each other, or keep to your own, or—in the case of catching a taxi—you can't talk about the game plan. And as all five of you caught the taxi to the car yard destination, you became familiar with how much everyone liked to keep their mouths shut in the group.

They were quiet. The three boys in the middle happened to have the broadest shoulders of the lot, making the room for comfort back there, little-to-none.

How did Jimin, the smallest of them all, wind up in the back, with the most room?

Meanwhile Namjoon and Taehyung were sandwiched between the doors, and then Hoseok who was slightly slimmer, in the centre.

They all wore dull, careless expressions and were looking either directly ahead, at whatever happened to end up there—or directly out the window, at the passing scenery.