Chapter Twenty-Five

Start from the beginning

He was about to ask her if she was ready, but she went to the small velvet box that held his gift from earlier. Taking the chain, she lifted it, looking at him expectantly. His fingers grazed hers as he took it from her. Her small hand, diamond ring glinting from the lights above, wrapped around her thick hair, pulling the ponytail up and off to the side to completely bare her neck to him.

The tiny gold clasp clicked into place, and he let the necklace settle around her neck, faint goosebumps prickling at her skin. His palm spread across her stomach, pushing her back into his chest, the velour fabric soft against his calloused hands.

In her flat shoes, she was shorter than usual, so he had to bend down to press his lips to the base of her neck. Immediately, her head fell to the side, allowing him more real estate. Her shoulders had lost the tension from before, the stress of tonight beginning to melt away. He needed it gone completely, his heiress deserving of ease and comfort.

She sighed as his lips continued their path up. He took his time savoring her, the sweet vanilla scent of her perfume intoxicating. He got to the sensitive part right below her ear and sucked gently, earning him a breathy moan. Her body had sunk into his, using his strength to keep her upright.

Nipping once at her ear, he whispered hoarsely, "You did so well for me today, darling."

He heard a long exhale flee her lungs as her head dropped back to rest against his shoulder. She was slowly relaxing, fatigue consuming her.

"I think it's time for us to go home." Harry said, kissing her neck once more.

"There's a backdoor over there that leads to the side entrance." Ivy said quietly, eyes still closed.

"Is there?" He took his phone out of his pocket to text his driver.

She nodded, the top of her pony tail brushing against his chin, "I checked the blueprints to the building last night." Harry smiled to himself. "I wasn't sure how the night would go with everyone here."

He hugged her tighter, breathing in that vanilla scent, "There's my little heiress."

She hummed, and they stayed just like that until his phone buzzed. He let her go and packed up her remaining things, hauling the larger bags over his shoulder as she took the smaller ones. Ivy had been correct about the back door entrance, not a single soul around to see them escape their own wedding.

From the outside, they could hear the music playing, open balconies and windows letting out the sound. It was New Year's Eve, so he knew without a doubt that people would still be here well into the morning. Many of their guests had stayed at the hotel down the street, so they could drink as much as they wanted - not that that would usually stop them.

He told his driver where to go, then put up the divider to give themselves privacy. Ivy was sitting directly next to him, her head resting on his shoulder, eyes closed. Harry could see she was in desperate need of rest, too much energy spent on keeping up an image. As much as he craved to touch her and feel her, his instinct to take care of her won out. His cock could wait.

"Ivy," he gently roused her, "We're at your place. Let's get your bags packed."

Tired eyes met his, a silent agreement made, as he told the driver to wait for them. Thankfully, there were no cameras around, most of the city's paparazzi either downtown near the clubs or hanging out by their venue, so they were able to sneak right in. Her doorman nodded at them politely, the lobby quiet. Only the sounds of their footsteps rang off the marble flooring.

He took her keys from her, unlocking her door.

Harry sensed a change immediately, glancing back at her over his shoulder to see her room, her brows furrowed just slightly. Moving past him, she walked into her apartment, fingers lingering on a light switch. There were three, two flicked down, one up. The foyer light on.