Prologue

I shove my books in my locker,

"Who pissed in your cheerios this morning?" my best friend Gwen appears beside me

I send her one of my unamused looks "Chase" 

She gives me the here we go again look "I honestly don't know why you let him get to you. What did he do now?" 

"I'll tell you later"

She looks at my expression with a worried one, already knowing it's not going to be good if she has to wait.

We start walking to homeroom and sure enough there he is, leaning up against the lockers huddled around a group of his friends laughing and talking, probably about some innocent new girl who just wants to be left alone.

Him and his friends lift their heads up to look at us as if they knew we'd be standing there.

"Clayton" 

I glare at Chase, "Compton"

"How'd your date with Long go yesterday?"

Oh, I am so gonna get him back. He know's exactly how my date with Neil went because he decided to ruin it.

He leans on his locker with that sly smirk he always wears, "Or were you too busy fucking his brother"

I smile at his words, "Well don't get too jealous Compton. We all know that your dick is too small to fit in any girls p-"

"OK, enough you guys. Your going to have to get along eventually." Gwen interjects, walking up to Chase to give him a kiss.

I sit back and watch my bestfriend suck faces with the one person I literally can't stand. I don't even know what she sees in him, he's such a dick. He has done nothing but do everything in his power to make my life a living hell and sometimes he succeeds.

The late bell rings and I groan, aggravated that my perfect attendance is not gonna be so perfect this year. I look around and see very few people still standing around the halls.

"Gwen, we gotta go" I urge her. She waves her hand, dissmisively "You go ahead without me, I think i'm gonna skip."

I stare at her with wide eyes, "Skip school?"

She detaches herself from him long enough to mumble a "No" and "Class". I stand there a little frustrated that she can't even at least turn around to say that to me.

He better be a really good kisser for me to have to deal with this everyday. I look over at Chase and realize his eyes are already on me.

Why is he looking at me while he's kissing my best friend?

I shrug, maybe it's nothing.

I turn around to leave but before I go I mouth the words 'Fuck You' to Chase but all he does is wink at me.

Wink.

Oh, hell no.

I walk into homeroom and everyone's head turns my way but unfortunately for them my eyes are only fixed on those familiar grey ones from across the room. He's the only person not looking at me. His eyes are fixed on the front of the room, listening to whatever Mr. Grey's going on about.

I continue to stare at him like everyone else does until I reach my seat, in the middle row where I can't see him anymore. I picked this seat this year on purpose. He had already caught me staring at him in the halls far too many times and I couldn't have that happen again. I got a little caught up just a few minutes ago but this year there is going to be a 'Keep your eyes off Vixen Slaughter' mandate. I already know it's gonna be hard but it needs to be done.