32: Secrets Spilled

Today was another rendezvous day where I would go out for a bit, eat out, and quickly head into my shift before heading back home. As it begins to snow, the Christmas feeling is in the air. I see young children running in the streets and couples all around the place. Time sure flies by.

Every now and then, I would see their names appear on screens or overhear conversations of others, to which I quickly cover my face in the event that they end up recognising me. Things are not totally back to normalcy and neither am I completely fine with hearing their names being mentioned either.

Nonetheless, I do my best each day, to leave life one day at a time. I treat myself every now and then, do a few doctor visits and pay attention to my exercises. I also need to buy Soya a birthday gift. She has been busy lately and did not do anything for her birthday so I decided to at least get something for her.

I saw some stores across the street, and needed to get some gift wrap and paper because I ran out of it and forgot to purchase more. I waited for the green light before proceeding to cross the street when someone pulled me out of the way just in time as a black SUV was about to bump into me.

Assuring the stranger that I was fine, I continued on and went into the store to complete my list. Lately, strange things have been happening to me. I did not notice it at first, but I saw a strange person following me around one afternoon. At night, there is a car parked on the street and it remains there for several hours. I simply pretend not to notice so I would be able to observe more and document the incidents. This has been going on for a week and a half now.

I have an idea as to who might be behind this, and today's incident confirmed my thoughts. Just when I thought I would be able to return to a sense of normalcy, I am knocked off my feet once again by an insecure person. I am planning to meet Soya today, and I want to bring this up to her.

At Rosie's residence...

I explained in detail about the incidents and showed a few photos that I took of the car and the assailants though it is difficult to identify their faces. Sam and Cassy were also present and did not seem too shocked with what I said. They listened attentively to everything I said until I was done.

"So, you think Izzy is behind all of this because of the scandal that came out so she is trying to get rid of you?" Miss Choi asked, summarizing the details.

"All I'm saying is that it is possible that she is behind the reason but one hundred percent sure that it is her. For more than a week, this car has been outside my house at exactly 5pm which is when I come home from work. It remains there for several hours until I wake up and it is gone."

"That sounds a bit creepy. Are you sure it isn't Cree? You said he comes to check on you," Sam suggested.

"Cree comes from the city so he would be parked in the opposite direction which would be on the right side of the road. He would either call me or use his car horn to let me know he is there. This car just remains there the whole night."

"I believe Rosie. Izzy is someone who is capable of doing those kinds of things. I remember once this girl accidentally pushed her and her bag slipped into muddy water. A few weeks later, I found out from my Mom that the girl was at the hospital and that Izzy was the culprit behind it," Miss Choi agreed.

"I also have something to tell you guys as well. Izzy called me out again this time. She wanted me to warn you Rose. To stay away from Blake or else she will slice your neck."

"Wow, I'm supposed to be crying and shaking, right?"

"I think so."

"I would take her a bit seriously if I were you. Also, there is something else we need to talk about," Miss Choi stated.

. . .

Miss Choi explaining all of this to me left me speechless. All along I thought Blake was two-timing me but in reality, he got played by the Dankworth's. Somehow, rather than being upset, I feel pity for him. He was stuck between a rock and a hard place and needed money. He should have borrowed it from a bank instead and maybe none of this would have happened in the first place. Then and again, I do not know what his circumstances were for doing this.

The worst part of it all, is that he had no one to rely on or be able to talk about his struggles with. He could even tell his own best friends. Though he lied to me about his engagement, I cannot help but feel guilty for leaving him there all alone.

"Rose, you don't need to feel bad. Plus, that's his own karma. Something tells me that you want to help him though."

"Casy, nice try. She probably just feels bad for him. Unless you still want to get it on?"

"Soya! Why would you mention that?"

"What's going on? Oh, I heard about your situation. I can set you up if you want."

"Casy, don't encourage her. Besides, there are more things that I need to worry about now."

"Don't worry, we will all help you out as much as we can. Okay?" Miss Choi reassured me.

We also came to the conclusion that we would get help from Andrew and ensure that no matter what we do, that Blake remains oblivious to our plans. If he were to find out, it would be impossible to do anything else for him. Time is running out and the wedding will be soon. Saving him as quickly as possible is our next best bet.

~End~