38: Time Flies

Two years later...

Bright and early, I was up and out of my bed, getting ready for another day at work. You might be wondering what kind of work that is. I will surely tell you in a bit. I greeted my Mom before leaving and entering my car, I drove off to work. I entered the building and greeted everyone around, including Miss Whitewash, now Mrs. Arnold who seemed not too far now from giving birth.

"Miss Everglade, good morning to you."

"Good morning, you're still here working? It's not too long now before the baby comes out."

"My leave starts soon. Can't wait to see her."

"Beautiful. Take care and I will see you around," I replied, waving and heading towards the elevator. It was just yesterday that we were both ready to rip each other's head off. Now we are greeting each other like this in such a civilised manner.

I stepped off the elevator and headed straight to my office to find Sam in distress. I placed my things on a chair nearby and went up to her, seeing a bunch of papers in hand with different colour patterns, and cakes on them.

"Gosh! This is so hard. I love all of these but can't seem to decide on one."

"Morning, Sam. Do you need help deciding? Isn't the wedding soon?"

"Yes, and we barely have anything settled yet. Tell me Rose, which one of these do you think would be a good colour theme for our wedding?"

"Sam, isn't this supposed to be the decision between the bride and the groom? What is your husband-to-be up to?"

"He is planning the venue and the invitations. I am in charge of the theme and the cake."

" I see."

Just as I was about to scan through the photos and give some suggestions, someone came through the door in sweats. Sam and I looked at her in astonishment, as this was not how she would normally show up to work.

"Sam, go for the colour theme of green. Didn't you guys discuss having a tropical beach wedding? Why not go with colours associated with that? Blue and green. Also, for a cake flavour, maybe coconut or a fruit cake? Choose that one right here. It should work," she said, while jogging. I was more shocked that she knew what was going on.

"Thanks. Nice to see you too, Casy."

"No problem. Rose, someone wants to see you right now," Casy said, winking at me before going down the hall to continue jogging.

"I will be right back," I told Sam, and she nodded, her eyes focused on the photos. I took a cool walk to his office with a smile plastered on my face.

I knocked on the door three times before entering and was expecting to see my favorite person sitting behind his desk, waiting for my appearance. I was greeted instead with him and Andrew, their legs crossed by the fireplace, deciding on the wedding venue for Sam and Andrew's wedding.

I initially thought Blake and I would get married first, but Andrew did not waste any time in proposing to Sam a few months ago. Now, with the wedding coming up in less than a month, they have many things to prepare and need all the advice they can get. For someone who is always focused on work alone, he seems to enjoy helping others.