T h e D e s i r e

CHAPTER NINETEEN

"As you pulled me closer,
I smiled, closed my eyes;
suddenly opening them I realized,
you were just passing by."

Present day (Evening)
The painter's museum.

"They were looking at us, I was looking at him.."

As we made our way to the center of the majestic hall, I could see the huge chandelier hanging above us. The crystals, the shine of them, the sparkling pairs of eyes where waiting for us, to take them into the world of the royalty.

I looked at Daniyal to give him a cue but instead of looking at me he was looking at something or someone over my shoulder.
I wanted to turn back to see what he was staring at but the loud sound of the violin took over the careful silence that was once in a mist.

I panicked as he stepped forward, turning to me he bowed down leaning his hand towards me again. I managed to bow down as well as I took his hand with a certain tension running down to my bones.
He pulled me closer and I gasped silently. Placing his left hand on my waist he gave me a warm smile, enough to scream in my ears "I'm here". Unknowingly I smiled back, letting him take the control.

The hall was filled with twinkling lights and the enchanting melody of violin, as I peeked over his shoulder to look at the musician. I saw a girl, a violinist with blonde hair and dusty blue eyes. Holding the violin as a mother would hold their child, with softness but in enough grip to make sure it is safe in her arms. As my mother used to hold me, I thought silently. As I hold my brushes.

I placed my right hand on his shoulder, couldn't realize how my hand was moving slowly towards his neck while he leaned closer and whispered, "Are you alright bore?"

My consciousness snapped back and I pulled back myself a little bit. Looking at him embarrassingly I dodged the question and placed both of my hands on his shoulder giving it a little push downwards while jumping up. As he gabbed me by hips and pushed me up, we started spinning around. Holding my hands up into the air, I could see the dancers started stepping forward. The crowed landed their steps on the ground as Daniyal brought me down. Along with us, all of the people including guests stared moving their toes with the rhythm of the violin and euphonium.

I saw Lesley dancing with Nicole as I gave her a playful smirk, I could see she was trying to tell me something moving her mouth. At first I was trying to listen what was she saying but after failing badly I tried to read her lips "Look at Daniyal!"
I immediately looked at him and my gaze got fixed on his eyes.
His pure green eyes, mesmerized curiosity but wasn't for me, he was looking beside us. I moved my eyes to the direction and
saw stella. She's dancing with one of the guests a little far from us. I looked down.

I pulled up my head and waved my hand in front of his face as he turned to me blinking nervously.
"Hey what happened?" I asked smiling a bit.

"Oh- uh nothing. I was um wondering if I ever met Ms. Brown before." I could sense his confusion as his words shattered.

"Do you think so? Have you even been in China before?" I asked. Still moving with him.

"I don't think I've ever been there." He replied shaking his head with a shrug.

An unpleasant urge got the best of me and I asked, "She is really gorgeous, isn't she?" as I leaned my head on my side with a child like tone.

"She.. is. She is really gorgeous." Daniyal replied, obvious mesmerization of her beauty in his voice as he fixed his gaze onto her again.

I pulled up a smile, a forced smile.
• • • • • • • •

The present day (Night)
The painter's museum.

"Bore!!!" Lesley screamed my name as she ran towards me with a huge grin on her face.

"Oh my god, calm down!" I also smiled at her and grabbed her hands as she gave it a good shake.

"I danced with Nicole! Did you see that! He smiled a bit! Eek!" She said excitingly as she giggled like an idiot. But cute.

"Haha I'm glad you did, that's like my girl!" I also smiled, still gloomy by the previous matter.

"And what about my girl? Oh my goodness! You looked like a queen back there! Gosh! You and Daniyal look SO good together!"
She gave it a big push as her eyes sparkled in confidence.

"No it's nothing like that! You are overthinking. Now stop with this and let's go grab a drink, my throat is like a desert right now!" I said as I felt how thirsty I was after all the panicking.

She sighed and I pulled her towards the bar.
We settled down on the stools and signed the bartender.
"A soft drink for me and you?" I asked Lesley.
"Red wine please!" She requested.

"You are sticking with the soft drink for how long?" She asking in a mocking tone.

"As long as I don't have to paint tonight!" I said and we both giggled.

On the meantime we were approached by Daniyal and Nicole. I flinched as he stood beside me. Nicole is standing quite a far away from us.
Lesley gave me a look and went to Nicole with the glass of red wine.

"Please sit." I asked Daniyal.

"Sure." he sat down as he asked, "Soft drink?"

"Ah yes. I don't really drink alcohol except when I have to paint" I replied with a shrug holding the glass in my hand. "Do you want anything?" I asked.

"No I'm good." He replied,
"And wow that's interesting, why is that if I may ask." He asked.

"Maybe because it gives me inspiration to acknowledge my deepest thoughts? Who knows?" I gave him a playful smile as I took a sip.

"Who knows?" He shrugged rolling his eyes and we both laughed.

"Want to visit the roof? It has the most amazing view of the whole city at night." I told him.

"Yes please!" He stood up immediately asking for my hand.

"Let's go!" I put down the glass and placed my hand on his, as he held it we went towards the stairs.
• • • • • • •

I opened the brown wooden door of the roof as we entered, our eyes got astonished by the sky. The empty night sky with playful stars. Sparkling like crystals as if they were going to fall off of the grip of the mighty sky and shower us with the glowing droplets.

I came out of my imagination with the cracking sound of the door as Daniyal closed it behind him and walked beside me. Staring at the sky he said,
"Aren't they beautiful?"

I nodded, "they are. Looking at the stars I'm feeling.. a lost calmness in my heart. Now I know why you like them so much." I said as I looked at him.

"You still remember that?" He looked at me surprisingly.

"Why not?" I said and walked towards the bench, sitting down I leaned my face towards the edge of the roof.

Daniyal sat beside me, "well I'm surprised but yes, they always fascinates me with their spark." He said while looking at the sky again. Then he looked at me to find me staring at him.
He smiled.

I also smiled then took a deep breath and touched his hand as I leaned in..
• • • • • •

ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀɪɴᴛᴇʀ

Note: hey everyone, how are you? Hope you've had an amazing day and if not, here take this bunny {🐇}
It's a furry luck, you'll be just fine!(≧▽≦)
Sorry for not publishing any chapters for a long time. I'm just caught up with many things.

Also it's been months since I'm sick. Had some "serious" health issues. I'm under medication rn so I hope it gets better. I'll try to post more often.
Please let me know how was the new chapter. Are you excited for the story??
🌸🍥🍡
Love you 🌷
You're beautiful!✨✨