T h e T u r n

CHAPTER ONE

"Love can be like a piece of
Paper
Neither it'll blow away
Or be torn"

The hallway is empty, wind breezing and making hissy sounds. It whispered coldly in her ears, the words that only she can understand.

Deborah, 22 years old girl but still looks like a teenager. Ocean blue eyes, that can give you the experience of the dept of the majestic sea. Long round face with the reddish brown lips, that makes people look twice. Pale pinkish skin tone, like a new bloomed rose. Long red weaves of her hair covering both of her shoulders, bouncing slowly which indicates her movement.

Walking in the empty hallway, she knows she doesn't have any destination. Her amble footsteps got were cut short by rippling sounds of water drops. She turned and walked towards the window. Closing her eyes as she let the cold breeze embrace her face. Hesitantly, she leaned her hand under the bare sky, watching a crystalline drop of water fall onto it. Long sleeves of her red robe floating into the cold wet air. She stared at the drop sparkling on her snowy white skin as she murmured "Wouldn't it be so good if I were also pure like this crystal drop?"

• • • • • • •
My heart will literally burst! Why is this place so crowded! It's not like I'm coming here, among so many people for the first time but it still makes me nervous.

The whole museum is filled with people. Classy gowns, mesmerizing smell of the royal perfumes, shimmering appearances of all the guests make the whole place resemble like a ball room of kings.

"Hello Bore! Finally, you came!" Mr. Carlos, I can call him my part-time parent. Such a nice person he is. Currently he's busy arranging my place for his big museum.
He's a guardian to me. When I almost lost every hope for my artist career, he came into my life with new hopes and chances. I can't be more grateful to him!

"I was waiting for my wonderful lady." He said with a warm smile as he nodded slightly.
"Here, this way."

The shiny white floor of the whole museum gives it a glistening royal look.
"So classy..." I said under my breath.

It was like before. It was like always. They welcomed me, gave me my place, my canvas, brushes and variety of different paints. My audience then sat behind me and made me feel like a celebrity. Well, I am. At least they think I am.

"Bore, go and introduce yourself, let the event begin,"
Here comes the annoying part!

"Why do I have to introduce myself again! Oh, it's terrible!" I'm thinking in my mind and my ultra irritated subconscious replied with an odd gesture on her face
"What? Did you think everyone knows you?"

It's ok! I'll do it anyway!

"Hello everyone, thanks for coming. I'm Deborah Augustine. I'm a 22 years old woman, who's living her life as a professional artist. I'm welcoming you all on today's painting exhibition, where I will be painting live, infront of the whole world to let them know my journey, from the white canvas to the best painter of the country. Today,
I am your painter."

I said with a warm tone as much as possible.

"Thanks again for having me. Cheers for The Painter's museum"
Finally all formalities over! Huff!
I let go a breath and tried to calm myself down.

After some times preparing myself in the green room, including my hair and makeup! Yes, I have to look gorgeous, because I'm a celebrity right?

It's time to start the live painting exhibition.

I settled down on my wooden chair and picked up my brushes. Holding paintbrushes in front of a plain white canvas, always makes me feel nervous like I'm a 6 years old child. I could feel the warm lights, cameras, tones of people behind me. Well, I'm used to it and it's kinda numb now.
• • • • • • •

I used every color I could possibly be, in case it brings some also in my life. Always,I feel empty while painting, it's like my hands are roaming around and making some patterns but inside, I'm in my very own wonderland. Maybe not all wonders.

"Don't you think your name's kind of weird?" Asked my subconscious

"Why?" I asked.

"That's because it represents your life, BORE haha" she laughed maniacally.

I also laughed because it was right. "Yeah, you have a point I must say!"

Probably, people behind me were thinking I'm a mad painter, talking all over to myself. So I peeked from the corner of my eye to see if they noticed or not.

Even though it's not in my "BOOK OF DISCIPLINE" to look behind while painting, I don't know why but my mother used to say to look only and focus only at the canvas, so I obey it. But this time, I did it. I looked behind and
I never knew this one turn would turn my whole life..

♱ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀɪɴᴛᴇʀ♱