T h e C o n f l i c t i o n s

CHAPTER TEN

"My skies are grey
While yours are maybe bright
You know how to build them
But I can fake it right"

Will this bring some new-

THE PRESANT DAY (MORNING)
At Deborah's home

"-that's a tragedy for me my dear! Why don't you come instead?"

"No, Mr. Carlos, please! You never came to my place no matter how hard I try to invite you. Please come today, please? Please?" If only he could see my puppy eyes, maybe he'd agree quicker.

"Ah-" he sighed "Okay.  I'll come around 10 am and will be get going in half an hour. Any objections my lady?" He said in a helpless tone.

"No my lord! No objections at all! Anytime you want to go is fine by me." I was showing my teeth in a wide smile with happiness!

I was happy that he would come because I owe him quite a lot favours. I may not be able to pay him back for the ones I owe him, but at least I could try to take care of this old man. I bet he was happy coming here too!

• • • • • • •

I was checking the living room if it's neat and tidy, because that old man doesn't like anything messy! Haha...

I remember his look of disappointment when he saw my workshop while Daniyal was practicing. 'He's a mess, he never remembers where to keep what!' His words still makes me laugh whenever I recall them .

"Well, what is he doing now..?" I thought to myself as I remembered Daniyal.
It's our day off, so maybe he's sleeping.

"Thinking about you!" My devil subconscious covering herself in a pink silk said it in a cute voice.

"Huh? Go away I'm busy now. Just let me focus!" I said in a disgusted tone.

"Oh. Focusing on him, perhaps? Why? Haha. You really think he's thinking about you? That he's your prince charming? Hold on! Haha! Why are you blushing? Ha ha ha!!" She was laughing out of nowhere and for no reason at all! Her pink silk already turned into black!

I used hate it when she act like that! Couldn't she be a little more considerable to me?

"Did I ever say that? Just stop disturbing me and go away. I'm not in mood to argue with you!" I was busy!

"Ok ok! I'm going, I'm going, but don't forget what I said. Things I say about you aren't wrong. After all I AM YOU."

She....She is me... I knew Somehow.
Then..why couldn't I relate to any of her words? Why I couldn't accept what she said? Why always she used to think in one way and I think in another?
It used to make me confused.

• • • • • •

Looking at my phone screen.

"Hmm.. it has been weeks since I've heard from lesley. Why didn't she contact with me all this time? I was also busy-"

*Ding Dong*
Oh!

"Coming!"

• • • • • • •

"Come in please! Did you have any difficulties coming here?" I asked Mr. Carlos as he walked in.

"No dear, but this old body doesn't like to travel in the morning. Haha" he said huffing slightly.

"Sit please!" I ran to get him a glass of water.

"No need to rush dear. I'm okay. Sit over here with me bore." He said while taking the glass of water.

"Mr. Carlos, I was worried about what you wanted to say. I know I may sound rude by going straight to the point and hitting the nail on the head, so I ask that you forgive me. Nevertheless, I still do not know why I have this feeling that this is too serious of a matter for you to want to talk to me about it in person. " I said while sitting down on the couch right next to him.

"Yes you are indeed right. This is quite important."

"So what is it?" I was being very restless at this point.

"You know about my business trip, don't you? I have to go to China very soon. My purpose for going there is to bring back an important guest for this year's annual exhibition ceremony. She's a VIP guest. I can't let her be disappointed at any cost! You're the only one I can count on to assist me."

He said in a terrified tone. One that I could not understand no matter how much I tried.  How come she is so important to him? Yes, she's a VIP guest, but this isn't the first time he has had VIP guests, so why was this different?

"I understand.." I don't understand a thing at all. "But...may I ask who she is, and what her name is?" I was so curious already!

He was looking down, breathing heavily. Of course he has to come rushing over here in order to be on time to attend his next meeting, after meeting with me, so his visible exhaustion was expected. He stayed like that for a while, then he pulled up his head and looked straight at me.
"Her name is Stella.."
He said in a tensed tone.

I wonder who she is, that was making him this worried!

"Stella ...?"

♱ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀɪɴᴛᴇʀ♱

Ps/. Thanks for reading! This chapter is dedicated to my lovely friend eva john_1290
She's the most adorable girl you'll ever meet here! Be friends with her guys!
Btw what's your first impression to stella??