T h e D a y s

CHAPTER NINE

"Destiny is bringing us together
Little by little, binding the fate
Although we don't need each other
The thread won't separate"

The unknown..

"-patterns..Do you also have patterns?" He asked trailing his eyes from my head to my toe.
Yuck!

"Hhn...Wh..why are you looking at me like that?" It felt so awkward!

"Haha sorry about that. I was just kidding." He chuckled easily.

Am I supposed to laugh?

"Oh.. how about I go now and... we can continue our class tomorrow? Sound good?" I asked as I was already feeling awkward. I desperately needed to get out of there. He was getting really creepy.

"Sure." He said calmly.

• • • • • • •

Going workshop everyday, it has became my daily routine. One I cannot quite avoid.
I also do my paintings there while he is busy practicing.

Days passed and we became more friendly with each other. Back then, I used to look for an opportunity to excuse him and not go to him, but now I cancel my appointments to go to se-
teach him new things.

I think that is because I got the company that I needed. These happy moments made me forget about the darkness that's roaming around and within me, in my blood. I'm happy I met him and watched him learning a little more everyday made me joyful. This effort, this affection and determination for arts is rare to see.

He's becoming perfect and this is making me proud. Well, being a teacher is hard, but now I can proudly say that my student will someday become a remarkable painter!

• • • • • •

"May I ask you something ma'am?" Nicole said as he approached me.

"Yes, tell me." I said as I turned my eyes to him.

"How are your lessons going? I mean um... with Mr. Asfour?"

"It's going well, he has learned quite a lot of things. Although he's not yet perfect for being a professional, but he'll get there soon." I said with pride and satisfaction.

"Hm.. and what about your appointment with Mr. Carlos? He asked a long time ago about meeting you. I do hope you remember." He said plainly. His face almost expressionless. As he always looked! P-L-A-I-N~

"No...no of course not! Why would I forget about that? haha..." I said awkwardly. Hell no! I definitely forgot about that!

I wonder what mr. Carlos will say.
Why did he want to meet me all of a sudden? If it's about his new year's exhibition, then he could simply ask Nicole to fix a time for me but..

"Then when I shall ask him to come?" Nicole asked again.

"How about tomorrow?" I said and paused for a moment to give it a little thought.
"Why don't you tell him to be here by 9am tomorrow." I said.
Wait, no. I'd invite him for breakfast instead. Yes, that'd be better. "You know what? Never mind. I'd invite him personally okay?" I assured Nicole. I will definitely meet him tomorrow.

Nicole is silently standing and staring at me an eyebrow cocked every so slightly.
"Oh my precious manager! Don't you worry about me! I got this okay?" I said mocking him.

"Ma'am, I do believe you have classes with Mr. Asfour tomorrow morning." He said.

"No.. actually we planned to take a day off tomorrow and at evening, we'll go for a ride..." Wait, did it came out of nowhere? I bet Nicole is also surprised because he has never seen me taking a day off to go for a "ride".

I used to find it waste of time whenever he ask me to take a break.
Nicole is silent again. He bowed and left.

Guess people become silent when they are traumatized!

THE PRESENT DAY
At Deborah's Place

I looked into my wardrobe.

"What should I wear tomorrow?"
Am I talking to myself? I thought I was going mad.

"That's not 'talking'! That means annoying others sleep!" My unwanted subconscious hissed.

"Who sleeps at this time? It's late afternoon! And also it's your fault that I can't decide what to wear, because of course madam needs to sleep at this time!" Accusing her I reminded the rules. No sleeping at this time!

"Whatever! Why are you making it look like you're going on a date? Hah! He's not into you, and that's a second hand embarrassment you're gonna get soon! Haha!!" she laughed demonically.

"No! Why would I even think like that? He's a friend and you better know it! Just stop making yourself complicated!" I swear to myself in frustration.

My life is already complicated. Moreso, who knows what Mr. Carlos gonna say tomorrow?

Is this going to bring some new tragedy..?

♱ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀɪɴᴛᴇʀ♱

Ps/. Thanks for reading! And thanks for 500+ reads on my book!! YAY! *Dancing in my bathroom* hope you'll vote and share with your friends to help me reach my goal!^-^