T h e V o i c e

CHAPTER THREE

"In the city of crowd
My hopes were invisible
In the sound of thunder
Your voice was always visible"

I tried to hold her hand but...

"She was long gone an-" Lesley said in a sleepy voice.
She was talking about the movie she saw last night and now fell in love with the concept. Yeah, she's like that!

Lesley, 21 years old girl, girl? She's a grown up woman now!
But you can't say that because of her habits, she's obsessed with watching movies, cartoons and also dress up like them! Well she have a rich father and never bother to look for a job.

She was always the sensation of the class in our school life. Her large green eyes with long lashes was the center of attention for the girls! She was the most enthusiastic girl, she's still like that. Long black straight hair, pink puffed lips, the curves of her body can make boys faint in a moment. Yes, I've witnessed such things!

I and Lesley were best friends from middle school and now, yeah we're still best friends. She welcomes me in every part of her life, she believes it's the same for her but the truth is I don't let anyone to come in my very own personal life.

Pouring my morning tea I asked, "who? Who are you talking about? Are you still sleeping?"

"No, I'm not" she said while yawning.

"Get up honey, it's already 6:30. Sleeping in this time isn't good for your body"

"Okay ms. mum I understand" she said in a mocking tone.

I laughed after a long time and wondering "it's all fake right?"

                    • • • • • • •

PAST
AT MUSEUM

"Student? Are you sure you're at the right place?" I asked.

"Yes absolutely" he replied in the same soft tone.

"Sorry, um- I don't think you should talk to me like this. People will get some wrong ideas and this media and all you know right?"
I said as I was afraid of the reporters behind him if they see someone is talking with a celebrity (really?) they won't take a minute to make it a piece of breaking news!

"Well I understand Ms. Augustine I'll talk to your manager instead. Thanks for your time and sorry for bothering you" he replied with a warm smile on his face.

I nodded as he turns around, and felt relive, I don't know why but I was being so nervous.

                    • • • • • • •

PRESENT
AT DEBORAH'S HOUSE

"I know it's all fake, my smile, it is fake" I whispered to myself.

I came to reality from my mist hearing the phone is ringing beside my bed. I grabbed it and saw Nicole, my manager is calling.
Nicole, 22 years old guy who accidentally became my manager! He was 12 when he ran out of his home and ended up roaming in the woods behind our cottage for shelter. My dad took him and gave him much food and a place to live. We knew his story from the beginning. His dad was abusive, his mom used to work in a bar. His dad would beat his mom everyday. That's when he came out of the hell that he described to us. Although dad wanted to take responsibility of all his expenses, he refused. He did part time jobs and studied hard to live without dad's money. After dad's dead he insisted to be my manager to keep my dad's word by protecting me. But it's not me who needs protection...

I've seen him growing up. His black wavey hair that's carefully placed on his forehead, covering one of his eye brows, yellowish skin tone, dark grey eyes, his deep voice makes him more like a gentleman now! Even though he never quits his serious look!

"Yes my precious manager, what works today?" I said pulling his leg.

"Yes, we have work ma'am! But I have something important to discuss with you" I felt a seriousness in his voice that isn't usual. He talks friendly with me.
So I started getting ready to go and see, what's that important work.
• • • • • • •

~Days isn't that bright, seems like a strom is about to come. That will tear the whole world into pieces. Why is this feeling? Is it new? No, I always feel this way, remember?~

THE PRESENT DAY
AT DEBORAH'S WORKSHOP

The whole place is all quiet. I could hear the water dripping sound from the water tap outside of the room. This wooden house is in the middle of a forest, I designed it for myself along with dad a long time ago because I always wanted a quiet place like this. A place where I can remember my past and imagine my future.

Wooden walls are all brown, dark brown that's nearly black. The first room is like an office room, a huge glass table, wooden chairs, a table lamp which is my father's, some plants and a bare window that seeks mankind but couldn't find one.
I usually come here to finish my unfinished paintings and give birth to new ones.

I called Nicole as I thought he hasn't come yet "Where are you? I'm waiting"

"We're already here," said Nicole on phone but I heard the voice from behind.

"We-" I was wondering who is this "we" and as they came....

♱ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀɪɴᴛᴇʀ♱