T h e S t r o k e

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

"My steps got moved
As your eyes met mine
We lit up the evening 
As we stunned with the time"

"I don't know how to say it but.."
• • • • • • •

THE PRESENT DAY (evening)
The Painter's Museum's anniversary party.

"-you look like exactly a word I believe can turn the world into heaven!" Daniyal said in a serious tone as we faced each other.

"And..um what it is?" I asked with a massive amount of confusion as well as a bright smile on the face!

"Perfection" he replied leaning his head towards me with a smile, eyes were closed.

"Uh oh! Someone's blushing in her mind already I see!" Why did she needed to expose me like that?!
Blushing? Me? Never gonna happen! I thought.

"Haha" the most awkward laugh someone could ever imagine.
"Thanks for the compliment I guess." I thanked and bowed slightly. 

"No I'm serious. I'm not good at explaining but you're.. really looking gorgeous.." and I could sense the nervousness in his hesitating tone. I was also nervous, BUT THERE WASN'T ANYTHING TO BE NERVOUS OF!!

"T..thanks! So do you! I like the velvety texture of your blazer, haha." Was that the way people give compliments?! I'm so dumb!

"So um when you are gonna start the show? After all everyone is waiting for the most gorgeous painter to take over the stage with her beauty and talent!" He said in a mischievous rhythm as he pointed to the huge stage covered with red velvet and glittery black curtains on the background.

"Haha you say? Um it's around eight pm, after all we need to wait for our VIP guess to reach over. God it's making me nervous!" I.. did say I'm feeling nervous.. that wasn't something I was suppose to tell my student, was it?

"Don't be nervous! You got this I believe! And by the way it's making me amazed that the best among best painters of the country is getting nervous! You're really determine Deborah." He said with an amazed look as well as a warm smile when he complimented me. It actually was.. warm.

"I hope s-" I stopped as I heard Lesley calling my name. "Oh" 

I turned around seeing her coming towards me grabbing her heavy gown in order to walk a little faster but maybe that was the bad idea!

"Hey you're gonna fall Lesley wait-!" I nearly screamed as I saw her stumbling and losing the balance of her high heels.

"Woah-" she screamed and started to fall. I stepped forward to catch her but on the sudden realization I saw Nicole grabbed her by the waist, saving her reputation from falling!

Maybe that was the very first time I saw Nicole blushing with a slight panic on his face as Lesley grabbed his coller in order to save herself from falling on the ground. Then she pulled up throwing her arms around his shoulder facing him directly without realizing that she is in the middle of a huge crowd.

Me and Daniyal stunned as we saw their eyes met!

"Damn I should have brought my camera!" Daniyal murmured.

Lesley jumped as soon as she sensed the second hand embarrassment she was facing, "Woah!!!!" She screamed and pulled herself back in embarrassment as she realized everyone is looking at them and whispering that they are..ki..ssing each... other...well-

I reached as fast as I could and stood by her side giving an awkward laugh to the crowd "haha, nothing is happening here! I swear!" As if they believed me.

"And why are you making it look like something actually happened?!" Lesley murmured in frustration as her vein popped.

We could still listen the crowd whispering their names so i grabbed Lesley's hand and pulled her to the restroom with the same big awkward laughter on my face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DANIYAL
(POV: The moment he saw Deborah)

As soon as I entered the ball room like huge hall with crowd, glamour and royalty floating together on all the every corner, the only thing caught me off guard was her. 

A flood ran through my veins bringing uncertain emotions and attraction. Don't know if I was aware of it. All I wanted was to her gaze meeting mine. 

Her red hair, smokey eyes like the darkness of the night, her rosy lips contrasting her pale skin like the moonlight, for a moment it made me realize what beauty is.

~only if the moon had seen you, damn! It would he so jealous~

I chuckled on myself, what was I even thinking? I know it's impossible what my heart was whispering, so my ears denied to listen. So did I.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lesley was looking exhausted after all the drama!

"Here drink it" I passed her a bottle of water and chuckles tiredly.

"Hey! Don't laugh at me!" She yelled as she touched her beet red cheeks with a slight pout. She took a big sip of water and placed the bottle right beside her in a disgrace.

The moment I saw her pouting "Hahahaha! I'm so sorry but..hahaha I can't-" her face made me forget my tiredness as I laughed hard sitting beside her.
Poor girl, I thought.

"Arghh! Bore! You were supposed to comfort me! How embarrassing it was! Uhhhh he's surely thinking me so clumsy!" She cried out as she hugged me.

"Aww there there," I patted her consolingly on her back caressing her hair gently.
"He won't, we all saw you stumbled in your dress so don't overthink! And you know what, you dummy! You lost a good chance of kissing him!" I winked at her laughing as she flushed hearing my words.

"W..what are you saying! Bore your mind is getting dirty!" She pushed me blushing and humphed.

"Oh really?" I smirked poking her shoulder with mine "no one else thought about that ha?" 

"N..no! NO ONE THOUGHT ABOUT THAT! "

"Haha!"

"You- Oh wait a minute bore... Isn't it already eight?! Omg!! Let's go, what on earth are we doing here???! Come!" She panicked and stood up immediately as she realized people may call "911" to find us at this point. I also realized that it's already time but I gave her a slight nod implying her to go first as she nodded back and nearly ran.

"Be careful- this girl's not gonna learn her lessons" I shook my head.

I closed the door and and headed towards the mirror, looking at my rare reflection.
"What was that sudden feeling?" I asked to myself. Why my heart was beating faster when my eyes met his.

I put my hand on my chest looking at the mirror,
"Please stop whispering, I can't afford to hear it..

                                                             ♱ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀɪɴᴛᴇʀ♱

Ps/. Thanks to a certain person for helping me writing Daniyal's POV! I was blanked, didn't know what to do with this but heh! At least at the end I wrote something!
*Phew~*
(I'd surely dedicate this chapter to them if they were in wattpad, tho thanks!)
Thanks for reading, uh don't forget to tell me if you liked the POV!

Seeya!
*Dies*