T h e G a z e

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

"Touch my feathers
Don't stroke the cells
Our angels are tied up
With our own magic spells"

"I don't wanna hear it.."

THE PRESENT DAY (Evening)
The painter's museum's anniversary party.

"-is gonna be a disaster for me! So please don't try to pull me to the ball! I ain't gonna dance!!" I almost warned Lesley, because I knew she would beg me to dance. And I absolutely feel embarrassing dancing infront of others.

"Why!! You dance so well Bore!" She sighed, "ah we will see about that later! Now come on, our 'VIP' guest has arrived!" She said rolling her eyes, with a little push.

"Mhm" I nodded in affirmative and walked by the empty chairs reserved for some other painters and guests, include me. Lesley sat beside me as she suddenly shoved my shoulder, giving me a shake to look behind.

I turned. A great crowd of reporters and people has gathered around the huge golden main door of the museum. Even though the crowd was flooding, I could feel the presence, presence of an uncertain timidity within my bones.

I saw Mr. Carlos looked at me and pointed to the crowd.
I realized I had to go then to welcome our guest so I left my chair and made my way to the main door. Splitting the crowd of souls who were seeking for her attention just a while ago, now their eyes were stucked on me. Floating the red silk of my dress I walked towards her to kill my curiosity.

The closer I got, the ominous aura covered me with some white thick fog. But all I was seeking for her eyes, to look at them. So I wiped my uncertainty and held my steps when I reached to her, looking straight to her way, where her back was facing towards me, as the fogs disappeared slowly.

"Ms. Brown" I smiled and called her name as she turned to face me.

I saw her flinching and storming her head around to face me. I felt a shook all over my body when she looked at me with her silver gray eyes. The color, I've never seen before. Her tanned skin complementing her brown blonde hair that's resting on her shoulders, going down to her waist. She smiled as she looked at me, a mesmerizing smile, I thought.
She took a step forward to me and I realized how mistical she was looking in her gray silk mermaid gown covered with sparkling "Swarovski" crystals, those were hanging on the neckline. She was magical..

"Ms. Augustine!" She called me making me land on the reality again. She then leaned her hand towards me and I hold it immediately giving it a shake.

"Oh no please call me Deborah. I would be glad." I smiled.

"Then I think you should also call me by my first name, Stella! After all you are older than me." She is quite informed. She also smiled and shook her head.

"It's a pleasure to have you here Stella! The night was waiting for your arrival! Please,"
I stepped aside and signed her to the stage.
She nodded and made her way. We saw her getting on the stage having all the view accepting her appearance. She earned it, it surprised me even though it was obvious.

Mr. Carlos and I also got on the stage standing beside her while she was giving a speech.
"Good evening everyone. I'm Stella Brown. The heir and CEO of 'The Brown Paints' company. We have seen many stars rising shine with our leads, many opportunities were given to mark their names on the wall of fame in the world of painters and artists. Now it's our pleasure to lead you, our honorable painters to the top of the world of the art. We're hoping your kindness and cooperative view towards us. Thanks for having me."
She smiled and turned to us as
we handed a bottle of champagne to her, with the cheers, our show began.