XXVIII. To need help due to other people's foolishness

"They were circling the village! As if they live here!"

"They live here in case you don't understand, Lord Bahk," Taehyung says in a jaded and indifferent tone. Jin listens from where he stands in the garden, teaching one by one the children with dragons who have no one to teach them. "They have the right to move about the village if they keep themselves correct. Which I don't doubt they did. Not to mention they spoke Korean."

"Very bad Korean. Terrible."

"But they did" Taehyung insists and the group of five women remain silent, quietly off to the side. As Taehyung indicated, they went looking for him as soon as they had trouble in the village. "Beyond the fact that they have kimonos, because that's the clothes they have to wear and there's no problem with, they weren't doing anything outside of what the other women circulating the village do."

"If they decide to stay as moles under the ground I don't care, but don't let them contaminate our territory with their presences. Damn Japanese whores." he grumbles towards them with genuine disgust and Taehyung brings up Seok who snarls, his long whiskers twitching in anger.

"You're not allowed to insult my workers like that. You already came to bother me in my home, now I demand you leave here." orders Taehyung pointing to the side, the salid more specifically.

"I refused to leave until you get rid of this pest."

"They are no pest. Keep talking like that and there will be dire consequences." warns the earth dragon wielding lord. Jin asks the children for a moment to approach the two arguing lords.

"Is something wrong? We can come in and talk about it inside over some tea" Jin offers politely despite the bad atmosphere. "It's about-"

"Be quiet, slut" Jin's eyes widen and he startles perceptibly, surprised by the directness of the insult. "No one called you over here, back off" Jin takes a couple of steps back. "Is there anything you can control? The whole circus you've got going on-"

Seok knocks the man down, putting a paw on his neck and roaring in his face. Taehyung approaches with a scowling expression. He clasps his hands behind his back and clicks his tongue in annoyance.

"I don't want you to come back to my territory; not if you're going to come with a foul mouth like that to disrespect my staff or my kisaeng Did you understand?" There is no reply. "Seok, take him home, please."

The dragon sinks to the ground with the nobleman. Taehyung gives a snort. To have had to resort to that is the most surreal thing that has happened to this day. Already saying that they had been quiet for too long. He turns to Jin and takes him by the hand, giving it an affectionate squeeze. The petal-soft hand rubbing against the one that is hard and scratchy as rock.

"I'm sorry that happened," Taehyung says with gentle gesture. "I hope it didn't make you so uncomfortable. I'll try not to let it happen again."

"It's okay, he's not the first, not the last either and he's already left" Jin bows his head with a light smile. "Are you all right? My lord."

"Yes... Shall we go eat? I'm very hungry already" offers Jin who nods. "Sorry for the inconvenience. If it happens again, come and let me know." The group of women bow and retreat.

~ * * * ~

"Lord Taehyung! A group of Lord Barkh's workers were causing trouble with the Japanese!"

Taehyung puts down the brush, drops his sleeve and stands up. He walks next to the worker escorting him with said group. He looks at them sternly. All men in their thirties and forties at least. It is unusual for Taehyung to be in a bad mood or treat people sternly, so no one knows how to face him head on. Even trying to act brave they are unable to do so.