XXV. Need to give honor

"Can you tell me what's wrong with you, my lord?"

Taehyung lowers his head and blushes furiously. Jin still doesn't know what is causing Taehyung to be so distant? Withdrawn? He doesn't even know how to define it. That's how serious the matter is. Yune has babbled on saying that he has a fever or is sick and that's why he is now red. The servants have kept their opinions on the matter to themselves, having them deadly clear, really.

"I-I'm fine." assures Taehyung in an awkward babble. Seok continues in his usual demeanor. He remarks that it's just the lord's thing, not two-way as almost always.

"I can't believe it" Jin instantly refuses and reaches up to grab him by the face. "He's got hot skin, maybe if- My lord!?" he exclaims surprised that he suddenly falls down. Taehyung takes off in such a way that he looks like a child running away from his mother.

. . .

Taehyung fiddles with the brush in his hand, scribbling all over the parchment that should have beads, beads and more beads. It's impossible. He keeps feeling sudden shivers all over his body. Jin's fault and his presentation. To have seen him like that was the most extraordinary thing that has ever happened to him. His voice, his expression, the intonation, what he was exposing, everything about him was so brilliant.

It was really seeing that flower that Mr. Choi mentioned so much. He was able to witness it and still can't believe it. It so stuns and fascinates him that he is unable to do anything but shy away from it, reject the thoughts that might arise from being near it. It embarrasses him beyond measure. Because he considers that it would be stooping to the most filthy and pathetic for him.

For that perfect, subtle, sublime, ethereal figure that Jin is.

Taehyung runs his hands over his face and brushes his hair aside. He looks at Seok who squirms and laughs, lying on the floor; he creates a bit of a tumble from banging bookcases and bookshelves. "What are you laughing at?" asks the lord uncomprehendingly. The door opens, Jin enters followed by Yune and before he can ask the question, the kisaeng holds his stomach, purses his lips in a suppressed smile and nasal laughter comes out of his nose.

"M-my lo- My lord." Jin stammers. Yune bursts into laughter, jumping up and down and hopping closer.

"What-what ha-? Oh no."

He looks down at his hands, full of ink, the same lying on the desk, floor and his clothes. You manage to see it in the reflection of his cold tea and compunge his face. Talk about being pathetic. He just smeared black ink all over his face and hair. It's beyond wonderful. What's worse is that on impulse, he brings his hands to his face again and claims to himself for making it worse.

Until an anomalous and strangely contagious noise interrupts him in his annoyance: Jin is laughing. At the top of his lungs. As he has never done before. Some servants look out, incredulous of it and even surprised by the noise he makes. It sounds like when they clean the downstairs or polish.

Taehyung ends up laughing too. Too loud and silly. Jin walks over shaking his head. He removes a handkerchief from his garment and helps him wipe his face. He makes it worse in some parts, better in others, the end is to end up laughing like a total pair of fools. Taehyung takes a deep breath, stretches her neck and manages to give him a kiss on the lips.

"NOW MY LIPS ARE BLACK!"

Taehyung guffaws, unaware of how happy and natural the squeaky-voiced response is; he falls back and pulls Jin along with him. Maybe... He doesn't want that figure so far away, so incomparable and sacred. If not this one, who feels like the most real Jin you can ever get.

Desert • Flower | TaeJin || BOOK 3#On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara