XXII. Caring the sad soul

"My lord...!"

"Calm down. It's all right."

Jin is too cowardly in every possible way. It seems normal to Taehyung that even for carrying him around he gets scared. The way he holds him is one where he looks with his face on the floor. Taehyung carries Jin up to his room and drops him on the futon, laying on top of him. Jin closes one eye, receiving the kisses on his neck.

Taehyung hugs him and slowly moves down to his collarbone. The pajamas prevent going further, but it is not his goal either. She asks him to sleep together and Jin says yes after almost an hour looking at the sky. He won't overstep trust or expect a different interpretation. He rubs his forehead on Jin's chest who pats his head.

"You can do whatever you want, my lord, in case you forget."

"You want to?"

"You don't understand the kisaeng thing or do you?"

"I understand, that's why I know you are a person to entertain and not something else. Even if you were, I wouldn't force you into something you don't want."

Jin rolls his eyes and purses his lips What is Taehyung's eagerness to be perfect? He's about to think it's the longest dream of his life. There is no other alternative about it.

"I don't want to be your lord. I want to be your friend" The clarification surprises Jin. "When you keep it in mind, I'll touch you like that again" Taehyung promises giving him a kiss over the cloth. "Have a good night, Jin."

The kisaeng is left confused and surprised that indeed Taehyung doesn't try any approach of the style in a long time. Winter comes and continues in the same way. It is anomalous and although he has better things to occupy his mind, such as teaching Yune Korean and customs, he cannot let go of how peculiar his master is.

~ * * * ~

"No, Yune, that's too expensive."

Jin takes the girl's hand to stop her from touching everything. It is noticeable that this is her first time in the village near the house. It is a topic of conversation for people around to see Lord Taehyung with a kisaeng and him holding hands with a girl. Some rumor that it may be a daughter of another man and that the kisaeng had not wanted to show her so far.

Or that she is an illegitimate daughter of the lord. Who pretended to be a pure white single person without any responsibility. Rumors come and go for the enjoyment of the people. On the other hand, it is also possible to hear information regarding the war. That many soldiers die despite achieving their goal, the one that is very likely to come here again to demand troops.

"Too much noise." complains Yune and Jin sighs without saying anything to him. Indeed, there is too much noise.

"Uh? My lord what is that shop?"

"They came a little while ago while you were still hiding" he replies quietly, walking with his hands behind his back, his black gat on and expression serious. An elegant, nonchalant vibe that is far from the usual reality. "They have interesting items Do you want to go look?" Jin nods, curious no doubt.

When they get there they see a long string of items. Jin is struck by an open music box where he is reflected by the mirror on the lid. Taehyung smiles softly at the salesman to indicate that he is taking it, just like the pink daenggi that Yune took and showed him. What genuinely amazed Jin, however, was a creature that began to bleat. Pulled apart and tied by the neck to a pole.

"What is it?"

"It's an alpaca. They're not very common here" informs the vendor. Jin approaches the white-furred animal still lying on the ground with its long neck raised. "They have good fur, it is said in other lands and empires it is used like sheep's wool. This clothing is made with it and it is much warmer and stronger. Plus they are very affectionate."