XXI. A little more closeness between the two

"I'm glad you're well, my lord."

"Didn't I tell you? everything would work out."

Jin sighs and Taehyung laughs. Sometimes the kisaeng wished his lord would take things more seriously. Not knowing he did, but he wasn't around to see what was going on. They return to normal fortunately. It was hard not to notice the wreckage they did, plus what is missing and trying to be replaced from crops, paints, etc.

"Fortunately you thought to take this with you" Taehyung takes the jewelry box. "Had I lost it, I possibly would not have been able to contain myself with them" he admits ruefully. He checks the inside. "I remember my mother wearing every one of them. even on her deathbed, she wished she looked the same way she did in life."

"She must have been a very elegant lady."

"Was your mother like that?"

He purses his expression lightly. It almost seems like a barb to demand the same as long ago: more information, more confidence to know about him. Jin shakes his head and Taehyung leans toward him, curious and exerting just a little pressure.

"I was born into a very large family. My parents couldn't take care of me or many of my siblings, so they sold us to a brothel and then bought me to go to a kisaengs house. Maybe because of Eunji." Jin summarizes roughly.

"Oh."

"Never mind. I liked kisaengs even from that time; the pink hair helped it go well for me." Jin shrugs sheepishly. " I just keep thinking about... that I've never been a priority."

"Here you are one."

"Sometimes you overdo it as a comedian, my lord."

"I say the honest truth."

Jin closes one eye, Taehyung adjusts a hairpin. Small, sleek and pretty he pulled from the jewelry box. The kisaeng gives a snort. He still considers it silly and a joke. Taehyung withdraws from the room to allow Jin to rearrange himself there. Having spent so much time outside and with the problem makes a little cleaning necessary. The lord of the house is surprised to see someone hiding.

Seok is the one who looks for that person and causes a childish squeal. He grabs her by her clothes and brings Taehyung who tilts his head. It is the girl that Jin is illustrating. The girl apologizes apologetically and Seok puts her back on the ground.

"Is there any reason why you went out of there without telling anyone? It might be dangerous for someone like you." Judging by her face, she doesn't understand much. Yune babbles a thousand things until finally Taehyung understands her:

"Jin-nicchan come home. Together want to be."

"Ah, you want to be with Jin."

Yune nods effusively and Taehyung points to the room for her to go.

"Ask him: can I stay with you here?" he speaks slowly so Yune can remember and repeat it. "Taehyung gave permission. Go." Taehyung pats her back and she hurries over. Taehyung gives a little smile, she is a very tender child.

~ * * * ~

"Going back to Japan would be suicide for anyone. Staying in this country will be the best thing for her. It will be enough to give her a similar name, teach her to speak and that's all," says Taehyung confidently as they eat. Jin looks at him disapprovingly.

"My lord, don't take something so delicate lightly."

"What would you prefer then, that it stays eternally underground?"

"It's paradise down there."

"It's not the same as having the sun and being with someone who loves you."