44: Jiper

Jason and Piper would often curl up and just sit together, not talking or anything, just loving the other's presence. Piper would take this time to memorise his scent for when he went again. Once, Jason caught her doing this.

"What are you doing, Pipes?" he asked his girlfriend. An amused smile spread across his face, making the small scar on his lip that she adored stretch.

Piper blushed. "Smelling you," she admitted.

"And what do I smell like?" Jason chuckled.

Piper made a big show of sniffing him, gaining some confused glances from passing campers. "Like... hmm, freshly mown grass, vanilla and something that I can't quite put my finger on... Annabeth!" she called the blonde over.

Annabeth jogged towards them. "Whatcha need?"

"Smell him," Piper commanded. "What does he smell like?"

Annabeth gave her a weird look but obliged anyway. Jason looked uncomfortable. "He smells like grass, and vanilla, and... oh what's the last one?"

Piper shrugged. "I don't know. I couldn't figure it out either."

They called to Hazel, who was standing nearby. They told her to smell him too and so she did. Jason looked discreetly embarrassed. "Vanilla, grass and... ooh, that's a very distinct. I've got it! Rain!"

Annabeth pulled a face. "Rain doesn't have a smell."

Piper nodded, though. "No, it does," she said. "And that's what it is. Thanks Hazel!"

Jason still looked uncomfortable. "So you guys can stop smelling me now?"

Piper, Annabeth and Hazel all took a deep sniff, just to laugh at Jason's expression.

"Alright, we're done," Hazel giggled, and she and Annabeth skipped away to their own boyfriends, leaving the couple alone.

"So do I smell good?" Jason asked, resting his chin on the top of Piper's

Piper wriggled closer into his embrace, and inhaled his scent. "Very."

The two smiled at each other and just watched the day speed past them as they sat still, wishing for that moment just to be frozen in time.