33: Cabin 10's Party Pt 3

Once the sun set of Long Island Sound, Cabin 10's party started. Everyone over the age of fifteen was there. Some looked happy, while others... Not so much. Even Percy and Annabeth were there. They had tried hiding in several different places - the canoe lake, the strawberry patch, Cabin 6, the woods, but each time, Drew had found them. Mostly because Percy had left a trail of blue food wherever they went. Everybody was wearing flashy clothes and all the girls looked like they had had a makeover. Piper had to admit that her siblings had done a good job.

The party was being held in the pavilion. It had been decorated with lanterns and pictures hung from the ceiling. Friends, family, fun times. Piper thought it was beautiful. She felt kinda bad for doubting her siblings. Against the far wall, the was a long table full of food, and a burning brazier to for sacrificing some of it. Leo and Percy both headed straight towards it.

Everyone was arriving in pairs, Piper noticed and she had a feeling it was not by coincidence either. The pairs seemed to be made up of 'ships' - the couples pairing things her siblings did when they were bored. Some of the couples, or at least soon to be couples if Cabin 10 had anything to do with it, didn't seem to be aware of it. Piper suspected that everyone would be with someone by the end of the party. Except for her, Piper thought sadly. Jason wasn't here. He was at Camp Jupiter, organizing for more temples to be built.

"Attention everyone!" Drew suddenly called out.

Even with her charmspeak, everyone ignored her and kept talking and dancing, or in Leo and Percy's cases, eating.

"OI!" one of Piper's sisters, Ava screamed over the noise. "LISTEN UP!"

The pavilion went silent, except for Percy and Leo talking to each other casually while stuffing their mouths with food. Everyone's attention slowly shifted to them but the two seemed oblivious until Annabeth elbowed Percy.

"Ow! What was that for?" Percy complained.

Annabeth gestured with her head towards were Drew and Ava were standing on a table, fuming.

Percy paled. "Oh."

Leo however seemed to think that it was funny. "Did you say something?" he asked innocently.

Drew sent her best you-are-going-to-die-slowly-and-painfully-and-suffer-in-the-depths-of-Tartrus look at him. Piper felt sorry for him. She wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of that glare. Leo diidn't seem to want to be either.

"Ah, yep, you said something," Leo gulped. "And I'm definitely listening."

"Good," Drew said. "Anyway. It's time for spin the bottle."

This statement was met with a some cheers and quite a few groans.

"Do we have to play?" a girl who Piper vaguely remembered as Harper from the Hecate cabin whined.

"Yes," Ava told her. "Now get in a circle."

There a quick shuffle as everyone rushed to get in a spot next to their friends. Piper sat down, with Annabeth on her left and Leo on her right. Leo was sitting next to his girlfriend Calypso and Percy sat on the other side of Annabeth. Drew got off her table and placed an empty soda bottle in the middle of the circle. It had a piece of paper inside it.

"So the way this works is we spin the bottle, then read out the ship on the paper."

Piper felt relieved. She wouldn't have to kiss some random person. That was good.

"What's a ship?" Travis Stoll asked stupidly.

"A couple pairing," Ava explained.

"Oh."