28: Nico x Reader

So for this one, I'm going to make you a child of... Idk, Hermes? Hope that's okay, it just gets too hard and besides, what if you end up fighting your siblings? Yeah no. Anyway, here it is:

Tonight was a massive game of Capture the Flag, a tournament in fact. It was the last night. Whoever won this would win the tournament and each cabin on the team would be chore free for a fortnight. You cabin, Cabin 11, was on the blue team. You had formed an alliance with Athena, Demeter, Hephaestus, Hecate, Dionysus, Janus, Hypnos, Thantos, Zeus and Aphrodite. All the other cabins were on the red team. You just hoped you wouldn't have to fight Percy. He could take out the whole blue team, if it wasn't for Annabeth. Percy had promised to play nice, though you doubted Annabeth would.

You were creeping through the forest with your siblings Travis and Conner Stoll. Annabeth had ordered you three to get the flag. Travis was rambling about how great Katie had been putting a kind of camouflage over your team's flag. You and Conner exchanged a glance.

"Somebody has a crush," you teased him with a smirk.

Travis went bright red. "What! Pffft, as if."

Conner grinned. "Bro, denial is the first sign."

"No! I don't like Katie... Why, do you think she likes me?" Travis said the last part hopefully.

You brushed away a fake tear. "Ah, young love."

"Shut up, (L/N)," Travis growled.

You and Conner both laughed. Suddenly you spied the red team's flag - a sea green one, with a trident on it - on a hill in the clearing besides the patch of forest where you and the Stolls were hiding. There appeared to be no one around. Something felt off about it.

"There it is," you said.

"Come on, let's go get it," Conner said, moving towards it out of the cover of the trees.

You pulled his shirt. "Wait you idiot. Even Percy isn't dumb enough to leave their flag undefended."

Travis nodded and Conner sighed, defeated. "Well, what do you suggest we do, oh wise one?" he asked mockingly.

You tapped your chin, thinking. "Hmm. Let's sneak around to the other other side of the hill to see if we can spot the defenders."

Conner seemed astounded. "That's actually pretty smart," he said.

You elbowed your brother. "I'm not a complete nincompoop like you, Conner."

Conner looked hurt but didn't say anything. The three of you started walking as quietly as you can to the other side of the hill.

"There," Travis whispered, pointing.

You followed his gaze and saw three people standing there. You were right. If Conner had gone before, he would have been ambushed.

"Who are they?" Conner asked, squinting.

"Will and Kayla, Apollo kids, and Nico," Travis told him.

"Nico, like Nico di Angelo, son of Hades?" you said, suddenly nervous.

Travis gave you a weird look. "Yeah, why?"

Oh no. This could not be happening. Nico was your crush. Gods, why couldn't it just be Percy? At least then you would of had a good excuse for getting beaten, instead of saying, "Yeah, I got distracted by the hot son of Hades being perfect and then he knocked my sword of my hand."

"Oh, no reason," you said, your voice going up an octave.

Travis smirked at you. "Well, Conner and I will take Will and Kayla and you get to take Lover Boy." Conner sniggered.