Chapter 18

|Scar Mejia|

"I've seen worse." I said out loud, looking at the crappy hotel.

"Where have you seen worse?" Stiles asked.

"My first foster home. It was some old apartment with rats and roaches everywhere." I shivered.

Coach blew the whistle before Stiles could respond. "Listen up. The meet's been pushed till tomorrow. This is the closest motel with the most vacancies and least amount of good judgement when it comes to accepting a bunch of degenerates like yourselves. You'll be pairing up. Choose wisely. I'll have no sexual perversions perpetrated by you little deviants. Got that? Keep your dirty little hands to your dirty little selves!"

(suicide theme coming up: don't read if it's a sensitive subject for you💞)

"Scarlett, We need food!" Stiles yelled.

I groaned but got up anyway. I walked outside and to the vending machine. I took out Stiles' wallet from my back pocket. Yeah, I stole his wallet. Old habits die hard. I put a dollar in the machine and put in the code but the chips didn't fall.

"Fück it."

I punched the glass out and grabbed a bunch of chips and candy bars. I walked back to the room to see both Stiles and Scott gone. I put the chips and candy on the bed. Where are they?

"Scarlett! Help!" I heard Stiles yell from the other end of the hallway.

I followed the sound of his voice to Boyd and Isaac's room. I walked into their bathroom to see Boyd in a bathtub full of water and a tv on top of him.

"Jesus." I mumbled before helping Stiles lift the tv off him.

I pulled Boyd out of the water and Stiles pressed a flare to his arm. Boyd's eyes shot open and he let out a huge growl.

"Why the hell did you do that?!" I asked.

"It snaps them out of whatever trance they're in. It happened to Ethan, Isaac, and Boyd. Why is it not happening to you?" Stiles asked.

I shrugged, "Maybe it's because I'm a different werewolf? Wait, where's Scott?" I asked.

Stiles' face paled.

_________________________________

Allison, Lydia, Stiles and I ran outside to get the last flare from the bus.

"Do you guys smell gasoline?" I asked.

"We're humans. We don't have super smell like you do." Stiles mumbled but stopped, staring at the parking lot.

Scott was there, holding the last flare, and was covered in gasoline.

"Scott." Allison whispered.

"There's no hope." Scott muttered.

"There's always hope." I told him.

"Not for me. Not for Derek."

"Derek wasn't your fault. You know Derek wasn't your fault." I told Scott.

"Every time I try to fight back, it just gets worse. People keep getting hurt. People keep getting killed."

"Scott, listen to me. This isn't you, all right? This is someone inside your head telling you to do this. Okay?" Stiles said walking closer to Scott.

"What if it isn't? What if it is just me? What if doing this is actually the best thing that I could do for everyone else? It all started that night, the night I got bitten. You remember the way it was before that? You and me. We were- We were nothing. We weren't popular. We weren't good at lacrosse. We weren't important. We were no one. Maybe I should just be no one again. No one at all." Scott whispered.

"Scott, just listen to me. You're not no one. You're someone, you're-Scott, you're my best friend. Okay? I need you. Scott, you're my brother. All right, so if you're gonna do this, then I think you're just gonna have to take me with you." Stiles stepped into the puddle of gasoline and took the flare from Scott's hand and threw it.

The wind blew the flare making it roll towards the gasoline.

"No!" Lydia and I yelled at the same time.

Lydia pushed Stiles out of the way, while I pushed Scott. The flare exploded.
_________________________________

The seven of us, meaning Scott, Stiles, Allison, Lydia, Boyd, Isaac and myself, woke up to the coach's voice. We all decided to spend the rest of the night on the bus.

"I really don't want to know but in case you missed the announcement, the meet's cancelled, so we're heading home. Pack it in." Coach instructed. I watched as Ethan sat next to Scott.

"I don't know what happened last night but I'm pretty sure you saved my life." Ethan said.

"Actually, I saved your life but not that it matters that much. It's minor detail."

Ethan ignored what Stiles said, "I'm gonna give you something. We're pretty sure Derek's still alive. But he killed one of ours. That means one of two things can happen. Either he joins our pack... or Kali goes after him, and we kill him. That's the way it works." He told us.

"You know, your little code of ethics there is sort of barbaric, just f.y.i." Stiles said, as Ethan stood up and walked away.

I watched as Lydia stood up and took Coach's whistle. She blew and then raised her hand. There was a purple dust on it.

"Wolfsbane." I whispered.

"So every time the coach blew the whistle on the bus, Scott, Isaac, Boyd, and Ethan all inhaled it." Stiles said.

"You were all poisoned by it." Allison added.

"So that's how the Darach got in their heads. That's how he did it."

Stiles grabbed the whistle and opened the window.

"Hey! Hey!" Coach yelled but Stiles threw the whistle out the window. "Stilinski!"

The bus pulled off. Let's just survive the ride home.