This earned a laugh from Marianne. Even laughing, she looked beautiful. I turned to Xander, who hadn't said a word since we arrived. For Xander, that's normal. Ever since our mother died, he got quiet. He's filled with rage and for a good reason. His way of dealing with that rage is fighting. But his eyes were on a certain blonde and he looked like he was trying his hardest to hold himself back.

That will definitely end badly. I'm not sure if for her or him, who knows maybe she'll be good for him.

——

   Everything is going smoothly, surprisingly. The Russo's were on one side while the Alessi's stayed on the other side. Except for Marianne. She's drunk, so she isn't her usual self. I watched as she sat at a table, playing poker with some of my cousins and Gideon. The girl isn't just a pretty face. Even in her drunken state, she's got them all beat.

"I win," she bounces in her seat, my eyes zeroed in on her breast as she does. "again." she grabs the money once she is seated. "You guys are actually amateurs."

Her eyes landed on me, her smile still in place, and her eyes gleamed with excitement. It pisses me off so much that I can't find a single flaw about this woman. I turned away from her and headed towards the back exit. I need a smoke. I'm not too fond of drinking, I prefer to smoke. We're all a slave to something, mine just happens to be this.

I lit the cigarette and brought it to my lips, inhaling the toxin into my lungs then out. I did this a few times until Marianne decided to join me. She didn't say anything at first, just stood next to me, staring into the distance.

"Can't say I'm surprised you're a smoker." she breaks the silence. A soft chuckle leaves my lips.

"Yeah, well, I'm not a big fan of drinking." she goes back silent.

Turning to her, I saw she had a serious look on her face like she was thinking hard about something.

"Is that why you were looking at me like that?" she tilted her head to the side a little. Who knew Marianne could be cute. I nodded. Her mouth formed into an o shape. "Why?"

She sure is talkative when she's drunk. I can't tell if I like or hate that.

"That isn't something you need to worry about." she huffed, crossing her arms. A small smile formed on my lips. Fuck, what is she doing to me?

"Then can I at least smoke with you?"

"Have you ever smoked before?" she shook her head no. Marianne looked up at me with doe-eyes, her lip forming into a pout. I want to kiss her. Grabbing her by the waist, I brought her between my legs. My back rested against the wall. The heels she's wearing give her a little more height, so she's by my shoulders. Bringing the cigarette to my lips, I inhaled. Marianne watched me intently, wondering what I would do next. 

Dipping my head so my face was close to hers, our lips inches apart. I took hold of her chin and tilted her head. Instantly, Marianne opened her mouth. My lips brushed hers as the smoke left my mine and entered hers. We held eye contact the entire time.

I want to kiss her so fucking bad, but I won't. I'll leave that to her. I want her to make the first move, and I'll wait no matter how long it takes. Even if I have to wait for our wedding day to feel her fucking lips against mine. I'll wait.

The way she looks at me, with that pure, innocent look in her eye. I love that I do this to her. From the way her chest rises to the way, she holds on to me like she's afraid I'll disappear. I watch as she bites down lightly on her bottom lip. As much as I want this to continue, she's drunk, and if anything happens, she probably won't remember it. Marianne's hand teasingly slides up my stomach. Even with the material of my shirt, I can still feel the tips of her nails. Once her hand reaches my neck, she pulls me back down. Our lips are inches apart, and our breaths mix. I should stop her. I should stop this but right now I'm thinking with my dick.

Luckily fate decides for me. The noise inside the bar gets louder, and a few profanities can be heard. Marianne looks in the direction of the door and then back to me. I left the decision entirely up to her. We could continue this or see what the fuck our families are doing.

She released a huff before heading towards where we came and I followed behind her.

How I wanted to kill somebody right now. These fuckers are fighting. To think this is what interrupts me. I scan the crowd of fighters. Sure enough, Xander is in the bunch. As if he would pass up a fight. Gideon only stands on the sidelines, drinking and laughing.

"Mio Dio," I turn to Marianne, who stares at the scene before us with wide eyes. "We were only gone for a few minutes."

Yeah, well, I'm surprised it took them this long to break out into a fight. I expected they would have started fighting as soon as we arrived.

I head towards the fight, my eyes landing on my cousin Pedro. He looks like he's fighting with Marianne's brother, Antonio. Grabbing Pedro by the neck, I pull him apart from Antonio.

"I was only gone for ten minutes." I seethed. All fighting ceased, except for Xander. He just continued to punch the guy underneath him. "Xander." he stopped upon hearing his name. Giving me a dirty look, he started towards the bar and took a seat next to Gideon.

"Tony, explain." Marianne stood next to me, her arms crossed against her breast. Chucking Pedro back, I waited for her brother to explain. I can't say I'm surprised her father didn't intervene. I sent a glare towards the man himself and he was sat having a laugh with his buddies.

"This pussy over here can't handle the truth." he nodded towards Pedro. "Called him a pussy for losing to you."

"And I had no problem showing your little brother I'm not one."

Antonio took a menacing step towards Pedro. I rolled my eyes. These fucking idiots.

"Siete dei fottuti idioti," Marianne voiced my thoughts. (You're fucking idiots)

The two continued to bicker as Marianne watched them. Seeming to have heard enough, she grabbed them by the back of their necks, pushing their heads together. "Stai zitto." (Shut up)

The entire room went silent, except for Gideon. He's still laughing. Antonio rubbed his forehead while Pedro sent a menacing look at Marianne, and then to me. Quickly, his expression faltered, and he averted his gaze.

"You are both pussies," she started. "Antonio, you've never once in your life beat me at poker. Actually, you've never beat me at any game. Speaking on that, I believe you owe me five thousand dollars." Antonio gave her a quizzical look.

"The bet, dear," a cocky grin appeared on her lips. "I won."

"Now, hold on, just how did you win?" he questions.

"Yeah, how exactly did you win?" a girl asked her. I think this one is Carmen.

"If you idiots would look around, approximately ten people are injured. Therefore that means I won. So you little ones, have money for me." So she likes to play games as much as I do.

"I only count nine," Antonio looked around the room.

"Nine plus you make ten." before he could say anything, she cut him off. "Sofia never said that we would be excluded. She just said how much. That could mean anyone in this room, whether it be one of us or not. The point is I win."

"She's right." Sofia huffed.

I watched as Marianne did a little victory dance, a big smile on her face. Maybe making her mine will turn out to be a bad idea in the end.

——