Chapter 29

Margaret took grace back to their room. She made her sit on the bed and give her a glass of water. Grace shook her head pushing away the glass.

She went to the bathroom and stared at her reflection in mirror. She looked ghastly, she washed her face and mouth then came outside. She sit numbly on the bed bringing her knees close to her chest.

Margaret tried to talk to her but she didn't respond. She was staring ahead emotionlessly. Margaret sighed and decided to take her leave when she didn't get any response from her.

Grace held her hand and mumbled a small "don't leave". Margaret sit down again beside her and asked her to stop thinking too much about it.

"How can i stop thinking about it when i am the reason that she died?" Grace said as tears trail down her face.

"You are not the reason, it was her fate. She did the bad things and karma got back to her." Margaret said trying to convince her.

"She didn't deserve to die so painfully. Nobody does." Grace said.

Margaret shook her head at her naivety. "You are too kind, sweetie."

Grace hugged her sobbing. Margaret rub her back in attempt to calm her down.

Grace body stiffened in her hold when she heard the door creak opened. She knew who it was but she didn't dare to look towards him.

Margaret tried to stood up but grace was holding onto her tightly.
"Let her go, bella". Xavier said in his deep voice.

She trembled at his voice but didn't let her go. Margaret tried to loosen her hold but it was of no use. She held on to her as if her life depends on her. She was too scared to even look at his direction now.

Xavier clenched his jaw and went towards her taking long strides. He hold grace's arm and pulled her away from her into him. She whimpered at the force he pulled her.

"Leave" he said to margaret.
"D-dont go..." Grace whispered staring at margaret's direction.

Margaret opened her mouth to say something but xavier shouted at her in anger "do i have to repeat myself, margaret?" He said gritting his teeth.

She gulped and left without sparing a glance at grace. Margaret knew that she can't help grace.

Grace felt bad at how she left her silently not even looking at her once though she know she can't blame her. Nobody would want to risk their life for someone else. Specially with someone like xavier, he wouldn't give  a thought before killing someone.

After today she understood one thing that he's a ruthless criminal, a cold blooded murderer and that too a powerful one. Not even authorities gonna help her out.

She felt like all her hopes of getting away from him has been crushed down by him. She was scared of getting raped or sold to someone for their sexual pleasure.

A shiver ran down her spine at the thought of it. She forgot about his presence next to her as she was indulged in her thoughts.

He circled his arms around her waist bringing her more close to him. He hold her chin and made her look at him. Grace came out of her thoughts and looked up at him. He's very tall, she always has to crane her neck up to stare at him. He's too intimidating. Everything about him is very mysterious and terrorizing.

He was half naked, wearing only a black sweatpants. His muscles and abs were on full display. She noticed that there are many tattoos inked on his body. A couple of water droplets were falling out of his wet hair. His gray eyes were back to their normal shade of beautiful dark gray.