36| Veiled Past - 2

Magsimula sa umpisa

Aria's small legs came to a halt as she saw Mrs. Dias and the gardener discussing something among themselves. She couldn't hear them properly, so her gaze traveled to the freshly planted sunflowers.

Her heart stopped.

The scene of her mother smiling genuinely for the last time when she had received the flowers resurfaced.

A primal urge of revenge bubbled in her heart.

The face of the killer of her mom and his subordinates were engraved in her mind, along with his name.

Salvador Paulo.

Aria wasn't a fool, she knew who he was. He belonged to the main mafia family in Spain, she didn't know about his relations but she knew about his origins.

Watching news channels once in a while teaches you a thing or two.

Plans after plans started formulating in the 12-year-old's mind. And Aria had chosen a practical approach.

She knew she couldn't kill him using physical power, no matter how hard she trained. She needed proper planning and a reason to get close enough to kill him.

"Aria, Kahlil?" Mrs. Dias called as Aria's concentration broke and her gaze snapped to Kahlil glued to her side, again.

"Did you two need something?" the kind old woman voiced as Aria nodded instantly.

Mrs. Dias's brows rose up in shock. 2 years had passed and the child had never asked for a thing, so her sudden interest made Mrs. Dias smile contently.

"What is it Aria?" she asked as Kahlil gave her a skeptical gaze.

Aria walked up to Mrs. Dias and held onto her apron "I want to learn piano"

Aria had once seen an event on television where a woman in mesmerizing sequin dress played piano expertly. Many powerful businessmen attended it, and, it was rumored that many Mafia's had also made their presence.

It was an annual thing according to the reporters where only famed and successful musicians were allowed to perform.

"Piano?" Mrs. Dias enquired as Aria nodded again. Mrs. Dias's gaze traveled to Kahlil to question her sudden change in attitude, but when he shrugged his shoulders; she sighed.

"Please?" Aria insisted as her arms wrapped around the old lady's legs in affection.

Mrs. Dias's heart squeezed in love, she was an affectionate old lady and just a little gesture was enough to melt her.

Aria took full advantage of it.

"Ok," the old lady sighed as Aria jumped once in joy.

"And self-defense" Aria added as Mrs. Dias sighed and nodded again.

"Whatever you say milady" Mrs. Dias bent down to kiss her cheeks as Aria gave out a small smile.

"You want to learn something too Kahlil?" Mrs. Dias asked as Kahlil shook his head.

"I'll just watch over sis"