Chapter Two

Neither of us said another word until we were outside and away from the noise of the club. The whole time, my body burned to feel more of him. He hadn't actually kissed me yet, and I was dying to taste him. I would have done anything—anything—for that.

The blast of cool night air hit me as we turned down an alley and did nothing to cool the fire between my legs, but the rest of me still shivered. Kade draped an arm over my shoulders and pulled me into his warmth. The man was made of fucking fire, and I instantly curled into him "If you're more comfortable with going to your place, we can," he said, concern lacing his voice. "Especially if it's closer."

"No," I almost panicked at the thought, and he raised his eyebrow, so I quickly added. "I... I have a... roommate. Thin walls, and all that."

Kade stopped in his tracks, pulling me to a stop as well. His eyes narrowed, and his mouth twisted into a slight frown. "Jayden," he said slowly. The purr was gone from his tone, leaving just the gravelly tenor. "You're not taken, are you?"

"No!" It was an easy and honest answer, but it still came out as a defensive squeak. I tried to smile up at him, taking his hand and lacing my fingers with his. "I don't have a boyfriend, I'm not out for a rebound or revenge or anything like that. I'm just... not comfortable there."

The truth of that statement hit me harder than it probably should have. No matter how many years I'd been living with him, it had always been Matthias's home. Not mine.

Another gust of wind cut through my thoughts, and I started shivering again. "We're not too far. Let's get you out of this cold." Kade shrugged out of his coat and wrapped it around my shoulders, but then didn't let go. He leaned forward until our foreheads pressed together. "You're beautiful, you know?"

And then his lips touched mine. It was a gentle brush of a kiss, and my world as I knew it shattered around me. Nothing would ever be the same after that kiss. It was so soft, yet so intense, and when he pulled back, I just stared up at him.

"You look like you've never been complimented before," he chuckled and brushed my cheeks with is thumbs.

I don't know how my face could get any redder, but it did. "I have," another defensive squeak. "It's just... I'm used to being the cute one. No one ever really calls me pretty."

His fingers flexed slightly, and he leaned closer again. "Do not put words in my mouth." There was a chill to his voice, yet it turned the temperature of my body up to max. "I didn't call you pretty either. You are beautiful, Jayden. The most beautiful woman I've ever seen."

The next thing I knew, his mouth was on me again in a much deeper, more demanding kiss. My back hit the wall hard and little shocks of pain shot up my back. He broke away quickly. "Shit, sorry," he hissed.

"I'm fine," I panted like a dog and tried to drag him back. "I like it rough, anyway."

He stared at me for a second before his mouth curled up in another smirk. He plucked my hands off his chest, held both wrists in one hand, and then slammed them back against the wall over my head. His other hand went up my dress to grab my ass and pulled me hard against his body, making me feel exactly what kind of effect I was having on him.

God damn, there was nothing small about this man. Nothing.

Two sets of pearly white canines, longer and sharper than they should have been, glinted in the dim light of the alley, and a low growling purr rumbled in his chest. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up on end, and the blood rushed to my cheeks. I didn't think I could get any hotter until that second. My thong was already soaked from our foreplay in the bar, and if he kept doing what he was doing, I swear it was going to start running down my leg.