The End.

Ponyboy sits at his desk while I sit back on his bed. The boys haven't fought for the past week, and I am proud of them. Only once when Ponyboy dropped something on the floor on accident and didn't pick up, but I came down and they quickly stop. they act so differently when I am around them, it's a bit odd but it's alright.

Pony picks up the note that had my name on it. I sigh while he looks at me "what are you going to do with this?" he asks, and I get up.

I walk over to him, and I take the note with my name on it "I might read it," I whisper, and I look at the envelope.

"Do you want me to leave?" Pony asks and stands up while putting a hand on my shoulder.

"No, that's fine. I want you to stay with me," I say, and he nods before sitting on his bed.

I slowly open the note and I pull out a yellow paper while sitting at Pony's desk. I unfold it then sit back and start reading it. I can't help but start to tear up while looking at the paper. It's not Johnny's handwriting. He must have asked a nurse to write it for him.

"(Y/n), I asked the nurse to give you this letter so you could read it later on. It was worth saving those little kids. Their lives are worth more than mine, they have more to live for. Tell Dally I think it's worth it." I start reading out loud while trying not to break down sobbing "I'm gonna miss you guys. I've been thinking about it, in that poem that Pony, and you were talking about. You know, the guy that wrote it; he meant your gold when you're a kid...like green. When you're a kid, everything's new! Dawn. Like the way, you and Pony dig sunsets. (Y/n), that's gold. I want you to keep it that way, that's a good way to be." My voice starts breaking.

I can feel a tear going down my cheek "I want you to ask Dally to look at one, I don't think he's ever seen a sunset. Even if you and Pony go with him. There's still lots of good in the world. Tell Dally I don't think he knows." I can feel Pony come behind me and start to rub my shoulders.

"Tell Pony that remember I am always with you guys, and I am going to miss you both. Your brother, Johnny." I fold the letter and wipe my face quickly. Pony sighs and I stand up quickly "are you alright?" he whispers, and I slowly nod "I think so."

Pony quickly pulls me into a tight hug. I feel my heart shatter yet flutter at the same time. I start to cry to Pony while he rubs my back "It's going to be okay," he whispers, and I nod again. I feel safe when I'm with Pony. He makes me feel like I am a human and like I am wanted.

I look up at him as he slowly leans down and kisses me on the lips. I blush and kiss him back while feeling the butterflies go on in my stomach.

This boy will always and forever give me butterflies.