Chapter 11

I wake up after a nice sleep in an actual bed. I look to see my now clean clothes from yesterday on the bed. I change quickly and brush my hair before walking downstairs, my head feeling better than yesterday. I see Pony in the kitchen making breakfast "Goodmorning Pony," I smile, and he looks at me. I blush slightly "Good morning," he says and kisses my cheek.

I blush harder and the butterflies feel like they are about to explode in my stomach. I hear the front door open and then hear Two-bit "anyone home?" he asks "In the kitchen!" I shout then Pony does "don't slam the door!" but he does it anyway. Pony rolls his eyes and I giggle. I feel someone come behind me and Two runs around the corner picking up Pony while I look up to see Steve jumping excitedly.

"Look at the blonde-headed monkeys!" He says and Pony cleans up the floor while Steve picks me up while laughing "Hey!" I shout and he puts me down quickly. "I wouldn't believe you two were blonde if I didn't see it in the paper," Steve says and I look at him "what's it like being a hero?"

I take the paper from him and read it "Delinquent youths turn heroes?" I mumble while Pony looks over my shoulder "They are charging Johnny with manslaughter?" Pony asks and looks at Steve "wait, what do they mean 'if' he recovers?" I ask pissed off and turn around, but they ignore me.

"It says how you two saved those kids! They'd burn to death if it hadn't been for you two," I keep staring at the paper. If he recovers? I know my brother will! "Boy Dallas will be mad when he sees they didn't even mention his police record," Two says and Steve sits on the couch. I give Pony the paper and I walk off to sit next to Steve.

"Do you think he will make it?" I ask Steve and he looks at me "he is a tough kid, (Y/n)"

"It's all about us. Darry me and Soda" Pony says and walks into the living room "They thinkin' of puttin' me and Soda in a boy's home?" He asks and Steve gets up "No way," Steve says and goes to eat cake "They'll put me in a boy's home," "Hell Ponyboy, they don't do that to heroes!" Steve says and I get up.

"Where are Soda and Super-Dope anyways?" Steve asks and I walk over to him. We look over to the bathroom and Soda comes out in a towel. Steve quickly covers my eyes and I groan "hey! close the door!" Soda yells and I laugh "I have a brother, I've seen everything," I say, and Steve moves his hand. "Super-what?" Darry asks and pushes Steve slightly "all brawn and no brain," he says muffled because his mouth is stuffed.

Darry grabs my shoulders and pushes me into the living room once he notices Soda in a towel. "Darry, have you seen my DX shirt somewhere?" Soda asks and Darry mumbles something under his breath. "You have to wear pants too! There's a law or something," I say and Darry laughs "How about my jeans?" Soda smiles slightly.

"'ironed in my closet," Darry says and Pony comes out "Did you hear about that juvenile court thing?" he asks Darry and I sit on the couch again. "Yeah, the cops told me last night," he mumbles. I look over at Two-bit "Hey, I'll tell you what, after we stomp them Socs good, I and Steve are gonna throw a party and everyone'll get ripped!" He laughs and Steve cheers.

"Where'll you get the dough, little man?" Darry asks and Two shrugs "I'll think of something," Soda sits next to me with his boxers on and Pony walks outside. "Hey, two-bit, Mickeys on TV" Soda laughs, and Two walks in drinking a beer while Darry calls for Pony to come back inside.

"You know, I hate to leave you here by yourself, maybe I'll take the day off," Darry says and Pony looks at me "(Y/n) will be here," Pony says and I nod "You two are still kids," "we are fourteen," I say, and Darry rolls his eyes "Don't worry about its Darry, Ill babysit them." Two say and Pony slaps him on the back of the head which causes the two to start fighting. "You ever think of getting a job two-bit?"

Two starts choking Pony while Steve and Soda head out for work. Two-bit yells at him and Pony tries to get him off "I've got to quit smoking, or I won't make track next year," he says and two tries to make him say, uncle. "Come on Two, lay off," I say, and he gets off Pony while laughing. Darry pulls Pony aside while Soda comes back dressed. Two sit next to me and we both watch Mickey.

"Say hi to Johnny," Darry says and walks out along with Soda and Steve. "We've gotta clean the house, the cops and reporters are gonna come by and it's time for the state to check on us." Pony says and I get up to help "This house aint messy, you ought to see my house," Two-bit says, and I pick up the paper again.

"If he recovers? If?" I say and walk into the kitchen. "He will," I say cross my arms "I know he will," I say as Two takes the cake and a beer and sits on the floor watching Mickey. I look at Pony "you think he will make it, right?" I ask and Pony nods "Yeah, I know Johnny, but I haven't seen him yet. I don't think anyone has." He says and I nod "we will see him today though." He brings me close to him and I hug him.