Chapter 56- Infinity

Start from the beginning

"Yes, Vivian. I am coming." I say and then try to get up. I crawl my way through all the broken stuff and doorposts.

My hands feel like on fire as my palms touch the ground every time I move forward.

I want to get out of here.

"Vivian?"

"I am here." She calls out.

She is close.

After another few movements, I can see her outlines through all the smoke.

I grab onto the wood that separates me from her and throw it on the floor.

I crawl forward and grab gently her face with my hands that are feeling like someone is picking up every inch of my skin.

"Let's get out of here, ok? We are gonna get out of here." I whisper.

She starts to choke on the smoke again at the same time as I feel like my lungs are giving up.

No.

No.

I wrap my hands around her arms and try to pull her to her feet. She grabs onto me but I can't get her up instead she lets out a scream that rips my soul into a fucking million pieces.

Oh, God.

Fuck.

Fuck.

How didn't I see this?

I look at her leg and realize that it's broken. Not only broken... I can see her bone, sticking out of her flesh.

No.

No, baby.

I lift my gaze and look into her face that is full of panic and fear.

"I am gonna get you out of here. I promise. I am gonna carry you, ok? It will hurt but you have to trust me. You will be fine." I cough out.

"I am scared." She cries out.

"I know. I know but we have to do this for Christiano." I say, finishing the sentence with another cough.

I am scared too.

I have never been more terrified in my life.

I can't breathe.

I need fucking oxygen.

"You have to stretch your leg away so you won't touch the floor. Can you do that for me?" I ask as I pull my arm around her.

She nods, letting out a sob.

And then we move.

With every move, she lets out cries that leave my heart aching.

"You are doing so good. Just a few more steps, ok? Just a few more then we are out of here." I choke out.

It's so fucking hot and with every second I can feel my body getting weaker.

Just.

A.

Few.

More.

Steps.

I look up and in that second the wall in front of us breaks in, the flames blocking our way completely. We try to protect our eyes from the heat and smoke but it's not possible. There is just too much.

No.

No.

No.

I look down at Vivian who looks straightforward, realizing that we are trapped.