Chapter 56- Infinity

Start from the beginning

I wanted to make love to her under the night sky and fuck her in the morning so we could start the day together with nobody that could ever stop us.

I wanted to show her the power she holds.

I wanted everything.

And these egoistic wishes made me ignore that my life is a ticking time bomb.

And that's why I wasn't prepared when it went off in my family's apartment, changing my life in a matter of a second.

I find myself lying under a pile of rubble, jammed between metal and wood. Loud coughs leave my body, the smoke invading my lungs. I try to open my eyes but they start to burn as if someone pulled acid over them. Like little needles would stab every part of my iris over and over again.

But the pain doesn't matter as soon as the realization comes to me and my head clears up.

Vivian.

Oh God, Vivian.

"Vivian. Are you here, ba-." I start but I get interrupted by my coughs.

"Darius. " I hear her voice croak out.

"I am going- I am gonna get you-" I can't stop myself from coughing.

Fuck. I can't breathe. I can't breathe. I can't breathe.

Too much smoke and it's so fucking hot, the sweat running down my face before drying out in a matter of seconds.

I am gonna get her out of here. She is not gonna die in this stupid fucking fire.

I never gave her permission to die.

I try to keep my eyes open, but I can't even see my hands that are only a few inches away from me.

"Baby, be strong. I will be- I will be there."

I grab onto the metal that lays on top of me and pull away as I feel how hot it is.

I let out a scream as the heat burns into my flash like a knife.

"Darius?" Vivian cries out.

"Baby, it's ok-I am ok. I will come to you."

"No. Please, Darius. You are hurting yourself."

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

I can't hold it.

I try to move my leg but I can't pull it under the metal out.

Shit.

I am stuck.

I have to touch it... I have to heave it off from me.

It's so fucking hot.

My hands are fucking burning from the last touch.

Fuck it. I am gonna get her out of here.

I move my hands to the metal.

I let out a scream and through all the sounds the fire makes I can hear Vivian's sobs and her crying out in pain as she hears my groans.

It's ok, baby.

It's ok.

"Darius. Please, stop. Please." She chokes out in between coughs.

I don't stop. I take all the strength inside me and pull it off me.

As it falls to the ground I let out a loud groan.

I try to look at my hands but I can't see them. I can only feel the pain that rushes through my skin and imagine what they must look like.

"Darius?"