Chapter 52- Letter

Start from the beginning

"I-" She starts.

"No. I am gonna say something now. The only reason you are still alive is that after I have explained everything to Amara you will prove that you are not pregnant with my baby and I never cheated on her. You are gonna prove this." I make clear, my voice still raised, my heartbeat in my ears.

Adriano.

Man.

"Adriano, hey, hey, hey, man." I hear a low voice next to me.

I lift my head and look into my brother's eyes.

"Man, everything alright?" Darius asks, his face drenched in concern and panic.

I turn my head away from him and look at the mess I have made.

Nevermind.

I walk back to my table, which is now empty, with all the stuff lying on the floor.

"Why the fuck are you here, Darius? You should be with Vivian or with Christiano. I told you to not work." I spit out as I let myself fall on my leather chair.

He stares at me for a couple of seconds, not knowing what to say.

"I- Adriano. Fuck. I am not only your best friend I am also the best chance you have to get Amara back. I have to be here. Vivian kills me if I go back home instead of helping her. She is worried sick. She can't even sleep. All she does is worry about her best friend."

"Yes, and my girl is gonna kill me if I keep you here instead of letting you get back to the mother of your child. So, get the fuck back to New York."

"This must be a joke? Fuck, she is also my friend and I love her. I want her back and I want to help." He huffs out as he walks towards me.

I put my hands on the table and get up from the chair.

"I don't think you have understood me. You are gonna get back to your girlfriend and make sure she is alright. The entire fucking team is searching for her... I am gonna get her back and I will do whatever it takes to have her in my arms again."

"You are not in your right mind, Adriano. Let me lead this mission. You can't do that on your own. You are gonna make a mistake. You will miss something. This is not gonna end well, brother."

"Darius, get the fuck out before I drag you out of this goddamn building with my own hands. This is not your friend speaking. This is an order from your boss and you will follow it." I make clear.

"Now leave and close the door behind you," I add, glaring at him as he looks at me with concern and anger.

I can see his jaw clenching as he turns around and walks out of the door, closing it behind him.

God, I am such a fucking bastard but I had to do this. He must go to his family and I have to bring mine back to me.

~~~~~

As I rip open the door to the conference room, the men immediately stand up to pay me respect and look in my direction.

The most important people of the Sicilian-American Mafia are here...

Well, all except Amara.

I walk to the end of the huge wooden table but don't bother to sit even down.

I grab onto my tie and loosen it. I take it off and lay it on the table before I start to talk.

"Someone is giving me good news right now before I rip all your eyeballs out and cut off your pathetic little cocks." I say and immediately the first man has to say something.

"You were right, boss. We could narrow down the area in which she has to be." Flavio speaks up, not looking into my eyes.

I frown at him before looking around, taking in the faces of the others.

"What? Spit it out. What the fuck is going on?"

Nobody says something at first but then another man takes an envelope out of his suit pocket.

He slides it down the table to me.

"This was sent to us about an hour ago."

I glare at him before taking the envelope in my hand.

"Has anyone opened it yet?" I ask.

"Not yet, sir. We made sure that it isn't a bomb but nobody has looked at the contents."

I nod before opening the envelope with my knife.

I carefully take out whatever is in it.

My blood starts to boil as realisation comes to me.

I am gonna rip his fucking heart out.

I immediately stuff it back into the envelope so nobody can see it but I am still staring.

It's her underwear.

It's her fucking underwear.

No. No. No.

Not her.

Do it to me a thousand times but not to her.

"Boss?" One of the men asks but I ignore him.

I take out the letter and start to read.

Dear Adriano Calvetti,

Maybe you have noticed that in the last couple of days your lovely wife hasn't been warming your bed and I am sure you also have wondered where she is. Well, I can give you the answer. She is with me. She is under my protection and I am caring for her. You may ask yourself, why?

It's simple.
You have my son so I took your wife. If you want the feisty girl back then my heir will be brought back to me without a scratch.

I won't tell you what will happen to her if you don't do as I say because I think you have a pretty good imagination. Until then, I will have my fun with the lovely young lady.

Don't worry, she will have fun too. She is practically screaming out of joy.

I can't wait to see you again, little boy.

Yours sincerely,

Nikolai Ivanov

I exhale as I finish the letter and then I carefully put it back into the envelope.

I will burn it on your fucking grave, bastard.

I look at my men who are not watching me out of respect.

"You are gonna work every hour, every minute of your life until you have searched for her the entire fucking world. You won't sleep or make a fucking break until you have found her. And I swear to God, if my wife isn't alive and well when you bring her back, yours won't be either." I spit out before I head for the door.

Mateo gives me a nod and opens it for me.

I walk out and go down the corridor, without looking back. I run down the stairs, not giving a shit about people who want to talk to me.

I have something better to do.

I have to get my revenge.

Now.

I wished I would have done it with Amara but I promised her not to wait any longer. I promised her that as soon as I have found him, I will torture and kill him.

I promised her and I don't break a promise I gave to her.

I will do everything she would do if she were here and then I will get her back.

And we will kill Nikolai Ivanov together.