chapter 20

we made it home to alexandria finally. we left our car half way behind, just incase.

walking hand in hand through the gates of alexandria, there was only one thing on my mind.

whoever negan was sending to come get me.

i know this wouldn't blow over well. they'll ask questions, we act like we don't know what they're talking about. worst comes to worst, they take me with them. or at least attempt to. but i know i won't be hurt.

"listen we need to get everyone ready-" rick started to say right as we heard the sound of vehicles behind us. shit, they're already here.

we stepped out of the way as the saviors drove their vehicles thorough the entrance. 'we know nothing' i mouthed to rick. he nodded.

rick motioned for the gates to close, and we all walked over to the saviors. carl and i stayed near the back.

"rick! hello! and...hello again!" simon said holding his arms out to welcome us. "we thought it'd be longer." rick said pretending to not know what was going on. we have to put on a good show. otherwise this won't work.

"you think we're here for a tribute? do you?" simon asked trying to catch ricks bluff. "is there another reason?"rick asked simon. "there is. we're here for daryl." simon stated.

"but negan took daryl" rick said acting confused. "oh. but...then your son and daryl's girl showed up, daryl went missing, might those two things be connected?" simon asked. he's onto us, but we can't let him know.

"dad got out?" i asked rick pretending to be surprised. i made sure not to say too much, because that's unlike me around others.

"we didn't know he was gone until right now." rick stated trying not to act too concerned. "then this should be easy!" simon said with a smile.

"now everybody find a buddy. gonna have to follow us around. if he's here, we really need you all to see him die" simon said walking over to carl and i. i'm a quick motion, carl got in front of me. simon let out a snort and flicked carls hat.

the saviors searched every end of the place, trashing the medical unit while they were at it. after they were satisfied with their search, we walked the saviors back out to the gate.

"negan wanted us to snatch little dixon if there was any trouble. but i don't think that's necessary today. unless you just want to come sweetheart" simon said with a smile facing carl and i before hopping inside the truck. i didn't say a word.

"oh and rick! if daryl does show up here, two days from now, two months from now, hell two years from now, just know there's no statue of limitations on this. keep that hatchet handy, you're gonna need it if he turns up with you people. we all know he'll come back for his girl some day. and when he does, well let's just say it won't be pretty" simon said. they then drove off.

"what happened to the pantry?" rick asked. it was completely empty when we went there with simon. "we don't know. and we need to talk about gabriel" aaron started.

he disappeared from his watch the night we left. took a car and the pantry was wiped clean.

"that son of a bitch." i said with pure rage in my voice.

!!AUTHORS NOTE!!

please comment what y'all would like to see with this book! i'm in the process of writing, and i want to know what my readers would like to see. more reagan and carl moments? more reagan and daryl moments? more reagan and negan moments? please comment and let me know! i want yalls ideas and input.