chapter 12

when we arrived at alexandria, spencer was on gate duty. simon parked the truck at the front gates.

"simon, stay here. kids, come with me" negan ordered opening the passenger door. negan got out of the truck, followed by me, then carl.

"spencer! let us in!" i called out to spencer who was watching the gate. "him again?" negan asked me turning around. spencer was on gage duty the last time negan was here.

spencer did as i said and opened the gate. "and we're back! god i love this place" negan said with a smile walking through the gates. carl and i silently followed behind him.

"wait, i need to ask you two something" negan said stopping in his tracks and turning around to face carl and i. "where do you guys live? do you live in the same house? different houses? or what?" negan asked us.

"we live in the same house" carl said answering for the both is us. "alrighty then! let's see it" negan demanded with a smile.

i let out a sigh and carl started walking to lead negan to our house. "bet your lonely here without your dad, huh?" negan asked walking next to me. "i'm managing" i said speeding up to walk next to carl. negan chuckled behind me.

within minutes we arrived at our house. "well, here you go" carl said stopping at the front steps. negan walked up the steps, went over to the door, and knocked on it with lucille.

to our surprise, instead of rick opening the door, it was olivia. negan walked right in, and olivia looked at carl and i with a panicked look on her face.

"why are you two-" olivia started to ask. "not right now" carl said cutting her off.

"great great great great great! where's rick?" negan asked olivia. "uh, i- i'm just-" olivia stuttered. "don't care, where's rick?" negan asked once again.

"um, he's out scavenging for you" olivia answered. "cool. i'll wait" negan said with a smile. "um, he went out pretty far. they might not be back today. we're running really low on everything. we're practically starving here" olivia said with her voice breaking at the end.

negan raised his eyebrows. "starving? you? by 'practically' you mean not really" negan said. olivia then bust out into tears since negan made fun of her weight. he really is an asshole.

"really? you people seriously don't have a sense of humor" negan said turning around and facing carl and i. he then let out a sigh and turned back to olivia. "excuse me, what's your name again?" negan asked olivia. "olivia" she responded sounding angry, but still crying.

"right. olivia" negan said touching the back of her arm. she turned around and faced negan in fear. " i am sorry for having been so rude to you just now. and it looks like i'm going to be here for awhile, awaiting your fearless leader's return. and if you'd like, i think it would be enjoyable to screw your brains out. i mean, if you know, you're agreeable to it" negan said to olivia. pure anger showed on her face as she slapped negan across the face.

" i am about 50% more into you now, just saying" negan whispered to olivia getting in her face. olivia buried her face in her hands as negan backed away chuckling. "all right, well, i'm just gonna put my feet up and wait for my stuff to get here. olivia, would you be a lamb and make us a little lemonade? now i know i left you all some of that good powdered stuff" negan said to olivia. "well i'm supposed to be with-" olivia started. "make it" negan ordered cutting her off. "make it. take your time. make it good" negan ordered olivia. olivia stormed out of the house without saying a word.

"alright kids, take me on a grand tour!" negan said facing carl and i with a smile. "with pleasure" i said harshly, starting up the stairs. carl followed and i heard negan chuckle. we made it up the stairs, and carl took the lead.

"um, this is michonne and my dads room" carl said opening the first door on the right. negan stepped in and silently looked around. as i looked at the other rooms down the hall, i remembered that judith is here. i looked at carl with wide eyes and mouthed 'judith' to him. his eyes widened and he let out a sigh.

"alright, next one" negan said heading towards the door. we walked across the hall, and i opened the next room. "um, this one was carols. but she left, so now its just empty" carl said opening the next room that was completely empty. "where'd she go?" negan asked. "we don't know" i responded walking out of the room. carl and negan followed.

i hesitated opening the next room. closing my eyes and letting out a sigh, i opened the next door. "this is my dad's room" i said quietly looking around. though dads bed was now gone, all of his stuff still remained on the ground. and thumb tacked to the wall was the picture he had when i killed my first deer. he's carried that picture around since the beginning of all this. "must hurt, doesn't it" negan said with a smile as i faced him. "screw you" i stated harshly walking past negan.

carl lead negan to the next room across the hall, which was our room. "this is our room" carl said opening the door to our bedroom. "wait a damn minute, you two share a room?" negan asked in shock. "have been for years" i answered looking around. "and poppa daryl approves of this?" negan said facing me with his eyebrows scrunched together. i nodded. " damn! have you two done the nasties yet" negan said quietly with a grin growing on his face. "dear god" i exclaimed walking out of the room.

negan chuckled behind me, and him and carl followed me out of the room. the only room left upstairs was judith's room, and i was going to avoid it. carl and i started walking down the stairs, but negan stopped.

"wait, how about this one" negan said pointing to the last room, which was judith's. "oh, it's just a water heater" carl responded with panic clearly in his voice. "are you serious kid? come on" negan said walking to the door and opening it.

in the middle of the room, judith was standing up in her crib. "oh my!" negan said smiling and looking at judith. negan then handed lucille off to carl and started walking over to judith's crib. "look at this little angel" negan said picking judith up and holding her.

looking over at carl, i saw pure panic on his face. negan turned and faced carl and i with a smile. "well i've picked up on the train now. little dixon is daryl's weakness, carl is little dixon's weakness, and this little angel is carl's weakness" negan said with a smile bouncing judith up and down. i hate to admit it, but he was right.

negan then started walking out of the room with judith in his arms, and carl and i quickly followed after him. "let's go sit outside, its a nice day" negan said with a smile before walking down the stairs.

we went to the front porch, and sat on the three chairs that were already placed there. negan held judith in his lap. "hey neighbor! why don't you come by later? we might grill out" negan said with a chuckle, as one of the alexandrians passed by the house.

"oh i like it here. i might just have to stay here. i mean you guys do have that extra room upstairs. you know, i was thinking about what you said earlier carl. maybe it is stupid keeping you and your dad alive. i mean, why am i trying so hard? maybe i should just bury you both down in one of those flower beds. huh? and i could just settle into the suburbs. what do you think about that?" negan said talking to carl, but he was directly facing judith. with a smile, negan then placed a kiss on judith's forehead. carl looked over at me, and i knew we were thinking the exact same thing.

we had absolutely no clue what to do.